1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi trigger question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by michmoe, Jul 14, 2013.

1. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

I recently purchased a Allems double release trigger for my MX-8.When the hammer falls it fails to drive the firing pin into the primer. If I put my Precision trigger in the same gun it fires. Does this mean that the hammer spring in the Allems is weak? It doesn't feel weak when I cock the hammers ,but know of no other explanation. Help!!!!

2. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Keeping the hammers in the fired position, reach in and push the hammers tight to the receiver. The hammers should contact the back of the receiver. Making contact, the firing pins should extend out the breech face.

Doug

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

That's with the stock off, push hammer forward, watch if the front tip of firing pin coming out of the breech face.

If it does, then it could be: 1) Your cocking foot could stayed back, or 2) hammer is rubbing the wood.

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

On occasion, the hammer, hitting the firing pin, can be impeded by the cocking rod moving slugishly through the dovetail slot in the bottom of the receiver. They get gummed up with dirty grease or oil and don't return to their "at rest" position properly. This forces the hammer to drive the rod back to it's at rest position at the same time it strikes the firing pin.

I doubt that this is so in this case but, if you're having light or no primer impact then that's one part of the gun that needs cleaning and relubricating.

5. michmoe

michmoe TS Member

Zardozforty, I have the selective trigger set to fire the top barrel of the o/u barrels first. Sounds like it's more then just a weak spring. I've only owned the gun a short time, bought it without a trigger as it had a r/p and I shoot double release. Thanks for all the advice, guess I'll have to take the stock off and take a look to get a better idea.

6. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I have a McDaniels leaf spring release trigger for my TMX and it works just fine but the hammer does Not seem to touch the back of the receiver; it seems as though the firing pin moves through the breech face and contacts the primer by momentum. This is unlike my spare coil spring release trigger where when it is fired the hammer rests on the inside of the receiver and the firing pin still protrudes through the breech face. I don't get it but like I said the leaf spring trigger works just fine and my primer indents are perfectly normal.

7. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

The leaf spring trigger have rebounding hammers, so they will not rest against the receiver. If you push the hammer forward, the firing pins are suppose to extend beyound the receiver face.

The coil hammers do not rebound. They should rest against the receiver in the fired position. The firing pin should be no more than a pimple or less at the breech face.

If the coil hammer does not rest on the breech face, it is being stopped by the cocking piece. Eventually, with the hammer "beating" on the cocking piece, you may develop a small bump ahead of the trigger guard on the trigger housing.

Doug

Search tags for this page

perazzi trigger double fire