1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi trigger question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WIN 101, Mar 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WIN 101

WIN 101 TS Member

I have a MX 2000 and there is slack or creep before it fires. If you pull out the trigger and watch the release where it hits the sear there is a gap between the two this is where the creep is coming from. Any ideas how to get rid of this ?
    Thanks

2. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I am not sure of age of trigger. Who built your release trigger. I took mine to Kerry Allor, St. Clair,Michigan. He does good work.

Joe Woods/Ontario

3. WIN 101

WIN 101 TS Member

Not a release its a pull when I said release that's the part off the back of trigger that in gauges the sear

4. argus tuft

argus tuft Member

The sear is malliable material and can with reasonable care be bent down to all but contact the tree, you need 1 or 2 thousands of an inch clearance between the Tree and the sear, if you get it too close it may not reset when you open the gun, that is the tree may hang up on the sear

Argus

5. decimamas 54

decimamas 54 Active Member

That's the way I do it for take the slack of the trigger:
    - I made a mask that holds the sears (Picture #1) and then, after you secure it on the vice with the hammer, I strike the back part of the sears (picture #2). Of course very carefully.
    There's another way to do it and that is shaving with a file the top of the sears but if you are not a gunsmith I will non suggest to do it. 0,1 of mm in the front is equal to about 1mm in the back (picture #3.
    Hope this will help you.

decimamas54_2008_0303312.jpg

decimamas54_2008_0303313.jpg

decimamas54_2008_0303314.jpg

6. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Sounds like a job for a good smith. I would send to Dan at Gaimocs (Can't remember how to speel it!} He did a terrific job on my trigger. Jake

7. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Please take it to a good gunsmith,mistakes are costly.

Joe Woods/Ontario

8. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I like a little bit of movement in a Release trigger so I can get a feel for when it will go off.

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

My personal preference on triggers of either type is this; when my data processor says it's time to, pull or release, to make the gun talk on a moving target, I want it to say bang immediately at that point!

Hap

10. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Send it to Dan at Giacamo's or Lucio at Perrazi in Azusa, Calif. and they can take the creep out of it. Mine was same way. Amen what Joe says

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.