1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Trigger Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tom@eel, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom@eel

Tom@eel Member

Removing the trigger group, MX-8 Special, externally selectable. OK.....With the hammers cocked, when I go to remove the trigger group, the bottom barrel hammer trips, however if I move the safety to the rear then forward, selecting the top first, the both hammers remain cocked. And no, I'm not touching the trigger. Why's it do this. Thanks for any help. Tom

2. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I have the externally selectable trigger in one of mine and I never have this happen.

I'd look for some wood touching the right-inside of the receiver area possibly causing the right sear to move UP as you pull the trigger down at the rear and out when removing it.

Moving the safety to the rear actually pulls the inertia block back and in doing so the "tree" is also moved back, which pulls it, the tree sear area, out from under the sears. No tree in contact with that sear might be the difference.

I'd still carefully inspect the wood at this area.

Whiz

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Try what Whiz said. Something is triggering (lifting) the bottom barrel sear from the right side if you didn't touch the trigger.

Pull back safety then forward, THEN push selector is not the correct way to change firing order, you'll have to put ON safety (pull back), THEN push selector, THEN off safety (push forward).

Here's a side note, selecting top first will disengage the bottom sear from the lifting tree, it'll need the recoil from firing the top to re-engage the bottom sear if you do it correctly, otherwise the gun will double.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.