1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Trigger Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by WBD, Sep 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WBD

WBD Member

I have a Perazzi SC3 (MX8). When I open the gun after assembly, the lower ejector pops out... and continues to do so each time I open the gun. Sometimes it goes away; sometimes it lingers on. In essehce, the trigger is releasing when the gun is opened. Put in other trigger and I do not have the problem, so the issue is likely with the trigger... changed the lower spring and the problem persists. Any thoughts out there? Many thanks! WBD

2. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

Sounds like when you open the gun the hammer is not travelling back far enough to catch the sear or you may need work on the sear itself. I would send the trigger group to a knowledgeable Perazzi gunsmith like Giacomo/Dan , Lucio Sosta, or a few others.

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

The right side hammer is tripping the ejector trip rod, if you want to stay with this particular trigger group, the ejector trip rod needs bend/adjust. If you never did it before, send it to a Perazzi gunsmith.

4. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

Steve, WBD says "the trigger is releasing when the gun is opened". It seems that would mean the hammer never cocked and would always "trip" the ejector as if it had been fired. Wouldn't altering the ejector rod possibly throw the timing off on the other trigger group?

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Yes, good point. I'm not quite sure what he means "releasing". If the hammer falls upon opening the gun, that'll certainly trip the ejector, and that'll be a separate issue. In this case, the cocking foot needs to be fitted.

And yes, altering the trip rod would throw the other trigger's timing off, that's why I said "stay with this particular trigger group".

Well, I'm kind of slow, WBD can you clarify?

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Problem sounds like the cocking foot on the trigger that does not work.. The foot is not thick enough to fully cock the hammer..so it's sliding past on the sear engagement...

7. WBD

WBD Member

Many thanks to all that provided your thoughts. I have also received private notes suggesting a problem with the cocking foot. I am off to San Antonio for the NSSA Mini shoot next weekend and will take it with me. Perazzi/Lucio usually is there at some point.. WBD

8. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Just for the information of folks who do not know about P-guns but like to throw stones at them, the cocking foot is designed to be the worn and replaced part.

9. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Could also be a couple things else:

1. Too long of a cocking rod, pushing too hard on the cocking feet, although I doubt this. A close examination should reveal this if a problem.

2. When you open the gun, you are cocking it. If the rear #107"Trigger Lock Plate" is worn or under-sized, this could permit the rear of the trigger to drop down, and if the "Trigger Lock Plate Spring" #119 has expired, the same holds true.

3. Is the trigger the original trigger to this receiver? A different trigger not fitted properly to the receiver could be another avenue to investigate.

4. Never seen this, but the front lip on the trigger housing, could be worn to the point that cocking the gun, pushes it down and out.

Normally, when a trigger is popping out at the rear upon cocking, the cocking bar will bend and this is, DA, obvious, so I shouldn't even mention it to insult. If a trigger is fitted properly, IT CANNOT POP OUT. If something inside the receiver is pushing too much (not the ejector trip rods), then something is going to bend or break.

5. A very remote possibility is that the thumb is pushing forward the safety #105, at the time the shooter is opening the lever. Now that would pull the Trigger Lock Plate back enough to cause the rear of the trigger housing to pop down.

I doubt that an ejector rod would do this unless it is so oversized in length, but then I have to think it will bend (it's flexible) and/or slide over the outside of the hammers.

WW

10. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Whiz.. not the original trigger... every other trigger he has works fine.. trigger is not dropping out of the gun.. the ejector is tripping before firing..

11. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

You need a new 109 or 110, Ejector Trip Rod.

WW

12. decimamas 54

decimamas 54 Active Member

I'm not a gunsmith but the first thing that you should do is pool the trigger out and cock the hammer by hand.If doesn't armed your problem is in the hammer or in the sears because the hammer will come back forward pushing the trip rod and realising the ejector. If everything works fine mount the trigger in the gun and take the stock out, open the gun and look if the hammer goes all way back and hock with the sears (you can see a hole on the side). If this doesn't happen the hammer and the cocking foot are not tune together. If the problem still persist check the ejector sears and see if the age are consumed. At this point if still doesn't work call the guy that sold it to you and ask him if he had the same problem.

13. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Whiz. this man says all the other triggers he owns work fine.. no issues.. which makes me think it's in the cocking foot.. unless the sear has been played with.. or the hammer.. Just my first observation.. While the ejector trip rod might fix this problem..then the other triggers might have timing problems.. As always.. there is a multitude of things it could be.. BUT.. if it were my gun and problem.. I'd start taking out the hammer/sear from a set up that worked correctly..along with the cocking foot.. and measure those 3 parts.. Then..next.. I'd install them in the trigger that did not work correctly and see if it then worked correctly.. If it did.. I'd look to duplicate the part..or parts that are not matching..

I'd like to hear the final fix.. All Good.. Keep us posted.. Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi ejector sear

perazzi ejector trip rod

perazzi ejector trip wire

perazzi shotgun trigger issues

should you bable to pull the trigger on a perazzi when the gun is open

what does an ejector sear do on a perazzi shotgun