1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi trigger problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by LarryTR, Sep 2, 2013.

1. LarryTR

LarryTR Member

I have a Mirage sporting 1994 vintage with removable ,external selector trigger and every so often,on my second shot,it seems very hard to pull and usually causes me to apply excessive pressure on the trigger to make it go. that usually causes me to "flinch"and miss the second bird.I have oiled,compressed air blown the trigger clean and still it happens occasionally. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

2. twoatloweight

twoatloweight Member

Sear angles may be slightly worn.

3. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

Contact Whiz White. Best in the business.

Ted K.

4. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

This is only a possibility and only one man's opinion, but on occasion, I say on occasion, a flinch will manifest itself in a "trigger freeze" or "frozen trigger". You can't pull it. Taking it to the gunsmith repeatedly will reveal nothing mechanically wrong with the unit.

Not saying this is the problem but being associated with a flinch as described makes it a possibility. Any shotgun 'smith will confirm. Many others have been down this road before.

Too bad the term "flinch" was coined to describe what is several different problems, worse still it is unnecessarily associated with weakness.

The design of the Perazzi trigger virtually eliminates any "hard to pull" condition, though worn parts could make sear engagement late in the cocking cycle; then it would not fire at all, and the trigger would be "soft".

Good luck with it, GAP

5. buster45

buster45 Active Member

When I started developing a flinch I actually thought my trigger was broke. Couldn't pull it a t all. Let someone else shoot around with it and see if they have the same problem.
    Good luck Buster

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

It is not uncommon for some of the older Perazzi's and the heat treating used then, that I often see a small piece broker off the hammer sear notch, and even the rear of the sears.

There can be a ton of wear on the sears front and back AND the surface of the tree itself.

Whiz

Search tags for this page

perazzi trigger problems