1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi trigger maintenance

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dynasty, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dynasty

dynasty TS Member

What type of maintenance do you do to your perazzi triggers? And about after how many shots? I'v shot alittle 1,500 I would say through my new perazzi and I really haven't taken the trigger out. Just wandering what the norm is.

2. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I remove all my Perazzi triggers AFTER shooting for the day, release the hammers, softly into a rag or such, to releive the leaf springs.

I thoroughly solvent clean them periodically and re-oil lightly.

WW

3. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I use snap caps to release the springs. Otherwise I do as Whiz does, and always after I've shot in the rain. A little bit of a light oil like SuperLube seems to work best.

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Forgot to mention that I do set the triggers assemblies (one at a time) in a vibrasonic parts cleaner at the end of the season and let it do its thing.

I then air clean it off and spray it with something like Rem Oil or similar.

I think that Flalagarto is right - the springs last about that long. I'd change them at about that interval so you don't have to during a shoot.

WW

5. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I remove the Precision trigger from my Perazzi after each day I shoot it. I release the triggers and pull the inertia block back to release it from the "tree". I spray it out good with carburator cleaner, blow it out with the air gun, and re-oil it with CLP Breakfree, and pop it back into the gun. I replace both the leaf springs at the beginning of each season (just for my own peace of mind). I have done this with all my Perazzi triggers over the years and have never had any problems at all with any of them.......Dan Thome (Trap2)

6. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

The difference in approach is interesting. I was specifically instructed not to remove my trigger on a routine basis. Supposedly, the more often you do, the looser the safety becomes, and the sloppier the fit (this from two different Perazzi gurus). Now Dan says he cleans and reoils his after every shoot. Since he just shot his 100,000th PITA target, presumably not using a worn out sloppy sloppy fitting trigger, I think it's a moot point. Starting to sound like another version of the oil vs. grease argument.

BTW, I'll try the carb cleaner instead of the mineral spirits I have been using.

7. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

The old wives tale about not removing your trigger often is just that. The older MX-8 Combo's, DB-81 Combos, etc. that had 2 triggers and 2 forends required that the triggers be changed every time you shot doubles with the gun. That meant taking the single trigger out and replacing it with the doubles trigger, then taking it out and putting the single trigger back in. None of the safeties in any of my guns ever became loose from the constant changing, however, I do carry a complete spare set of safety springs in my tool box just in case they should become a problem.

zzt: I use any cheap spray carb cleaner to blast the junk out of my trigger. I used mineral spirits for a long time, too, but found the carb cleaner really does a faster, better job.......Dan

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Don't forget to grease the contact faces of the cocking shoes. Often overlooked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.