1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

perazzi trigger identification

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by miketmx, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I have an old trigger somewhat similar to that. My trigger has Allem style release hooks but looks like this one for the Perazzi assembly. I believe mine was for a Mirage but I use it in my MX-3 and it would fit an MX-8.

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

old comes to mind

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Perazzi made these skeleton fence trigger till mid '70s. '74 or early '75.

4. Cazadore

Cazadore Member

Looks like release/pull bottom first - no idea who did the work. From early Comp or MX 8 as Steve W indicated. Should work in most removable trigger guns but may require some fitting/timing.

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I have been told that this early frame design was less stable and trigger pulls and releases we're not as consistant. I don't know that first hand, however.

6. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

The older frame was just fine. I don't know what kind of stress people think a trigger has to withstand but this kind is beyond any problems w/that. In my mind they are somewhat superior to the enclosed type as it is far easier to clean and lube the works. Judging from the blue this one would appear to not have been putzed w/ and fitted to any gun other than the original.

This one looks like a Bowen release to me, but IIRC Bowen usually put his name on his work. Could be wrong on that. I'd guess +/-$500 on value but I don't really know how Bowen sells.

Charlie

7. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Looks like someone modified the trigger blade, and its pretty chewed up as well.

8. dward

dward Member

I have one like it that came in my perazzi comp 1, and Steve W is right on the manufacture dates. I have a type 2, type 3 and an mx2000, and for the most part the triggers all fit into the frames regardless of their age. I currently use a type 3 trigger in my mx2000. The trigger went in pretty hard to begin with and I had to buff one end of the trigger frame to get it to slide in and out more smoothly/easily. The newer gun was also over cocking the hammers into the release hooks and I had to adjust a trigger shoe to resolve this.

But my advice on any older perazzi release trigger is if you plan to shoot it in your gun, I would make sure it isn't over cocking the hammers by removing the stock and opening the action all the way and watch that the hammers aren't riding back into the release hooks. I broke a release hook on a Bowen release I acquired a while back due to it pushing the hammer back into the hook when in my type 3 mx8. This is true of any older perazzi triggers as they were hand fit to the gun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi skeleton type trigger