1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Trigger Help.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hooligan, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hooligan

Hooligan Member

I am in need of some Perazzi gunsmithing help. I have had my MX8 U/O action to 2 gunsmiths in Australia and I am not happy with the result. The trigger group is very difficult to remove as the safety catch requires extremely hard pressure to move it to the fully forward position. Both hands are required and this leaves
    no hands free to hold the trigger group when it does come free. I am quite capable of removing the hollow pins and taking out the release mechanism however
    any advice would be much appreciated prior to undertaking the job myself.
    Thanks in advance
    Barry

2. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

If the trigger is homogenous to the receiver (same serial numbers), then I would suggest a couple of things to do:<BR>

(1) bend the trigger release link to give it more "action" or movement thuis giving it more rearward movement to the rear, which would force the "plug" that fits in the rear hole of the triger houseing, or<br>
    (2) replace the link altogether.

The link is made of pretty soft steel and over time can probably see some bending. I sell quite a few Perazzi parts to many shoters down-under.

Sorry for the long sentences.

Whiz

3. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I made a "cheat stick" to push the saftey foward. Cut a broom handle about 6' long. Round one end to fit palm of hand, leave other end square. Made one for a shooting buddy. We both love them. Jake

4. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

6' or 6"??

5. vdt

vdt Active Member

hold every thing ,see if you do not have the stock bolt too tight,is the trigger a matching number to the receiver if so ,i would take a block of hard wood and staple to it a piece of 400 water paper ,there should be marks on the trigger at the back end showing it is too tight ,just polish these marks off and do it carefully,hard to replace metal

6. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Loosen the buttstock and see if that helps. If the buttstock is not bedded correctly, tightening of the bolt puts a strain on the tangs, making it difficult to remove the trig housing.

The buttstock should be making firm contact near the bolt hole and less near the front of the receiver. Too much pressure at the front causses the problem.

Also be sure the trigger assy seats completely into the receiver to the stop. If it does not, the hole in the housing will put constant side pressure on the plunger, preventing it from moving.

Also check the screw that holds the cocking bar in place. I've had several where the screw has loosend and backed out, and made contact with the front of the housing, there by applying pressure on the housing going into the receiver.

Lastly, it can be possible that the pivoting lever below the safety needs to be flipped 180 degrees(side-ways), If its in wrong, you cannot get enough stroke out of the safety to move the plunger in flush to the receiver.

Doug

7. lost & Dead

lost & Dead Member

Just fixed mine with the same problem. Stock nut could be too tight but most likely link safety release arm.
    This is what I ordered from whiz. I did change my safety also which took 15 minutes.You wont like the price but my trigger comes out without enlisting the help of a second person.

1-#105 thumb safety.
    2-#106 link safety release.
    3-#126 safety button pin.
    4-#127 link pins.

8. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Pair, 6". Yea a typo. J

9. Hooligan

Hooligan Member

Thank to all for the interest - the help is appreciated. Doug I removed the buttstock altogether and it made no difference. Today I replaced the link,( think it was bent) and the spring behind the plunger and polished the locking plunger. All good !! It certainly is not "loose" and the safety is still a little on the stiff side to push forward however I can do it with my thumb while I remove the trigger with the other hand. Thanks again

Barry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.