1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi trigger group loose. Is this fixable?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dynapro, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dynapro

dynapro TS Member

My MX-8 removable trigger group is a little loose in the receiver. Is there a way to tighten this up so that there is no wobble.

It is only a small amount but it is noticable on the pull.

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Have had Pat Laib do it for me. 320-796-2686

3. old school

old school TS Member

HI. SEND IT TO DOUG THE GUN DOCTOR HE DID A GREAT JOB ON MY MX 3 SPL........... JIM AKA OLD SCHOOL

4. dynapro

dynapro TS Member

Doctor, doctor -- -- Mr. M.D., -- -- now can you tell me, what's ailing me...

Well, all you really need, is GOOD LOVIN'...... GOOD LOVIN' ...... GOOD LOVIN'

(gotta find my cd pile and dig out The Young Rascals this morning, obviously).

Is there not a doctor in THIS house? I assume there is something out of sync with my trigger link mechanism, or better said, the link and support mechanism. I guess I'll just talk to some of the Perazzi shooters out at my gun club.

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Try to tighten the stock a little before you send it out, see if this will work. Good luck.

6. otnot

otnot Active Member

I had the same problem. Take the stock off and slightly pinch in the rails that surround the trigger group.

7. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Consider cleaning/oiling the safety and/or replacing the spring.

Buz

8. dynapro

dynapro TS Member

Thanks Gents,

The stock tightening might have an effect... not sure???, I don't know if that would place any additional pressure on the trigger group receiver housing, maybe. What seems like the fix is sort of what otnot said, - the housing is a little oversized. I suppose that could be pinched and it would hold the group more securely. but I don't want to over tighten and have trouble taking the group out or putting it back it.

I don't know what happened to cause this. The group is serial numbered to match the gun Mike, so I dont really want to be swapping triggers. But it is bothersome. If you grab the back of the trigger guard and wiggle you get a lot of play and it is probably going to cause me to start flinching.

ONE MORE THING.

It is non-selective. Can they install a switch device would will allow me to reverse the firing order?

9. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

The stock bolt is going through the end of the trigger group housing, tighten the stock bolt will have an effect on the group housing, worth trying before spend money on it.

There're parts can change firing orders, the sear lifter "tree". It needs fitting.

Or just take out the cocking shoe of the under barrel to fire top only.

10. dynapro

dynapro TS Member

got it... thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

tighten loose perazzi