1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi trigger fitting?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JL123, Dec 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JL123

JL123 TS Member

Have a perazzi trigger that is too hard to remove (and insert}-- what should
    I put on it to determine where it is binding? Have tried a marker pen with
    poor results. Bob Lalor

2. flabigpapa

flabigpapa Well-Known Member

Have a Perazzi smith work on it...Dan @ Giacomo's has my vote ...but there are many that can Help you with this. Shoot Well..Shoot Often, Bart

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

It can be as simple as the Trigger Plate Lock (#107) fitting too tightly.

It can be removed, but if you've not done it, I recommend that you let a Psmith do it for you. The Trigger Plate Lock Cap (#122) can inadvertently be rotated 180ยบ and/or flipped over. Either scenario will make it nearly impossible to permit the insertion of the Trigger Plate Lock Pin (#125).

[​IMG]

Whiz

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

First thing to try is to remove the buttstock and check the fit of the trigger assy. Sometimes if the buttstock is not fitted correctly, it can actually pull and distort the tangs of the receiver just enough to cause a bind.

If the problem still exists, then check the plunger as Whiz mentioned. Be sure it is fully recessed into the receiver when the "safety" button is pushed forward.

From there....it could be a problem on the front OR rear of the housing.

doug

5. roofcutter1

roofcutter1 TS Member

Try backing off the bolt from reciver to stock. If the stock is tightened too much it will cause the problem you are talking about. Bob M......

6. JL123

JL123 TS Member

Thanks fellas. Bob

7. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

Roofcutter is right. I had this problem a couple of months ago and cured it by loosening the stock bolt slightly.

Ted K.

8. dospa

dospa TS Member

Hi Bob, good place for info. Are you in FL. yet
    Tom mcelroy

9. Shooter R

Shooter R Active Member

I had that same problem with a MX-15. There were times I thought I was going to pull the trigger guard off! After a while I noticed there were 2 "bright spots" at the back of the trigger plate, where the hole for the release pin is. I used a fine file, and after trying it after every light stroke, it removed easy and was still rock solid. I'm not telling anyone to do this, it just worked for me.

10. JL123

JL123 TS Member

I backed off just a little on the stock bolt and "MAGIC" --my trigger inserts and removes easily. THANKS for all the good info!! Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.