1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Trigger Education

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wineguy, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wineguy

wineguy TS Member

I could use a trigger education on my MX O/U. I have a pre owned late 1980's MX with a non selective, inertia pull trigger.There are no problems with the trigger, but I wanted to know if I have any options with regards to going with a pull selective trigger group or increaseing overall performance
    Thank you for your help.
    BB

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

BB.... Your Perazzi pull trigger is about as good as it gets as it comes straight from the factory. Perazzi makes an excellent pull trigger. There would be absolutely no advantage to going with a selective trigger group unless you wanted to change the order your barrels fire in. My experience with the selectable triggers has been that they are not as crisp, nor as reliable in maintaining the set trigger pull, as the standard trigger is. If you want the maximum level of performance from your Perazzi, when it comes to triggers, you need to look seriously at the Precision trigger. It is, without doubt, the finest, most reliable Perazzi trigger ever made. They are expensive, but, if you want the very best overall performance from a trigger group, they have no equal....Just my experience......Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. wineguy

wineguy TS Member

Thank you for the feedback.I was looking strongly at the selector to give me more flexiability,( perhaps some handicap). The gun has been set up for doubles by Pro Port. The chokes are fixed with the bottom giving me a LTMOD and the top an IM. But your advice is well taken.I have a tendency to want to "tinker" with my guns.I'll leave it alone.
    Thanks, BB

4. wineguy

wineguy TS Member

Unless I go with the Precision................

5. wineguy

wineguy TS Member

I assumed Precision offered installation. True?

Thanks, BB

6. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Hey wineguy, I agree with Trap2. I had an externally selectable in my MX-15 and it never worked as cleanly as a standard trigger. You can shoot top bbl. first without spending any bucks. Take the trigger out, remove the cocking shoe of the lower bbl. hammer, lower the lower bbl. hammer and put the trigger back into the gun. Presto! The bottom bbl. hammer never gets cocked, so the top bbl. only will fire. Many Perazzi shooters use this procedure.

Buz

7. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

Unless they just started Precision does not make a select trigger only top 1st or bottom 1st Jon ps own one are the best,but cannot be converted in firing order,to expensive

8. wineguy

wineguy TS Member

Going to choke tubes seems the best move for giving me the flexibility I want. I have looked at the Briley set up.That could be the option for me.

BB

9. Baber

Baber TS Member

There is probably another option. Take the spring out of the lower barrel and the top barrel will be the only trigger to function. Please don't send it out for "screwups"

TB

10. wineguy

wineguy TS Member

I appreciate the offer but I'll probably go in another direction. The trigger is not a drop out.Thank you again. BB

11. Baber

Baber TS Member

Wineguy...

Am a little confused... you have a MX Perazzi that has a fixed trigger? Did not know there was such a thing.

TB

12. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Remove the cocking shoe for the barrel you do not want to shoot.

13. Baber

Baber TS Member

P3AT:

More confusion.... To the best of my recollection all MX Perazzis up until I believe the 2000S and/or MX 5 introduced in the mid '90's had removable triggers. Yes.... there were some fixed trigger guns like the MT6, Grand Italia, and I believe MS80 but they are not MX guns....

TB

14. Baber

Baber TS Member

Pat ... I agree... You are talking about a 2000S vrs a a regular 2000. But Wineguy said his was a late '80's gun. Thats why the question.

TB

15. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

Anyone interested I have a Precision double release trigger with about 500 rds shot with it that I would be willing to part with for 1,250 bucks bottom barrel first. Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.