1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

perazzi top lever

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by OldPshtr, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

If U know who did the rebuild contact him for
    suggestions. Had mine rebuilt and was necy to
    lub the lock block. Rebuilder suggested this.

Doyal

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I just went thru a Perazzi with exactly the same problem..A fine stone..a marksalot to show me the sticking points..and some 1000 lapping compound made it like glass..

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Sounds like maybe a piece of lead shot fell behind the ejector head from a reload. I've seen this happen more than a few times while I was attending a shoot. Pop out the ejector and scrape around the pocket and the backside of the head. The lead flattens quite a bit and will stick to the steel parts.

Doug Braker

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Try what Doug said.. I read poorly...the top lever on the one I repaired was sticking with no barrel.. and the bolt was sticking with no top lever.. Funny part about it was.. the gun was brand new..

5. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

lovesthesport - "settle in shortly" I have no idea what that means. You describe a gun that does not close properly. Did it do this when you bought it? If so, why would you buy it - the locking block was not fitted. From what you wrote, I would guess the rebuilder just dropped in the biggest one they had. I have not seen your gun so just going on what you write - I conclude whoever rebuilt the gun did a crappy job. Post some pictures for us.

6. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

If it was just rebuilt, give it a 1000 rounds and keep it clean and greased.

7. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Are you comming to the GRAND???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.