1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi top lever spring

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by perazzi_01, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perazzi_01

perazzi_01 Member

Ok , was wondering if someone could help me replace my top lever spring on my MX8. In the Perazzi schematic the screw which holds the spring is called a lock , so I'm thinking it might work like a cam loc on aircraft and doesn't unscrew as in a typical screw. I still can not remove it. Am I missing something ? I do not see a set pin which may be holding it in place. Right now the pin that hold the firing pins in place are out as are the firing pins.

2. setter

setter Member

It is only spring loaded with a notch to capture the top lever, check above thread.

3. perazzi_01

perazzi_01 Member

Appreciate the info , did a search and could not find that valuable information. Thanks setter !!!!!

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I have instructionf for this.

Also, there are three (4 actually) different springs. It depends on the manufacture time of your MX8... and this is not always correct bsed upon if anyone has attacked that problem previously.

One is a large diameter coil, a smaller diameter doil (most common), one that used two coils (one inside the other), and the last is a v-coil.

I sell new locks and correct coil spring replacement for $45.00. You have a choice between the smaller coil and the recommended larger coil.

Whiz White
    That "lock", part number 111 is a block or "barrel" I call it, is what puts pressure from the coil spring on the lever to keep it (the gun) shut.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. perazzi_01

perazzi_01 Member

Got er done , thanks Whiz and setter !!!!! Not that hard of a job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
how to fix a top lever on a perazzi mx8
how to tighten the locken sysetim on a perazzi mx8
perazzi mx8 top lever spring
perazzi top lever spring

perazzi top lever spring replacement

remove perazzi mx2000 top lever spring
top lever perazzi spring youtube
top lever spring for a mx8 perazzie