1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Top Lever Return Spring Replacement

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Battue, Jun 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Battue

Battue Member

If someone has the patience to walk me through a few steps in the replacement process for a Top Lever Return Spring for a Perazzi with a Drop-Out Trigger, I would appreciate it.

I understand that the first step is to remove the Lock Pin that holds the Firing Pins and Top Lever Stop Plate.

At this point, is there anything holding the Top Lever in? Should I simply begin to work the Top Lever up, or is the Slotted Locking Piece that is holding the Top Lever Return Spring in place, keeping it from moving upward? I understand that this Locking Piece is not a screw and should not be turned. Should it be pressed in to help in the removal of the Top Lever?

When I am putting the Top Lever back in place, how far should the Locking Piece be pressed into the Receiver to allow the Top Lever to seat? How do I insure the Locking Block is in the correct place?

Any and all hints to make this process go smooth will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Pat

2. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

The pin which holds the top lever open is spring loaded and will take flight if you don't take precautions. If you haven't done a lot of this you may want to pay a pro. I put the receiver in a vise after removing the firing pins & springs. Put a towel to catch the pin and spring under the face of the receiver. Use a soft (brass or hardwood) drift and a small hammer and drive out the top lever. Re assembly is trickey as you must have the hold open pin and spring deeper than the receiver as you tap in the lever.

3. Battue

Battue Member

Thanks John -

Good information. The operation was a success...

Pat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to remove perazzi top lever

how to remove the top lever from mx10 perrazzi
perazzi mx8 top lever spring replacement

perazzi top lever spring replacement

perazzi xm8 shot gun how to remove thetop lever assembly
remove top lever return receiver perazzi mx8
replace perazzi top lever spring

replacing perazzi top lever spring