1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

perazzi top lever falling to centre automatically

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lovethesport, Jun 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

type 4 mx8---after firing i would open the gun and the lever is locked to the right and shells eject---as i am loading another shell the lever comes back to centre while the gun is still open----

happened two or three times over the weekend--does not happen all the time though

thanks

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have a Perazzi that does that sometimes, its not a problem according to the gunsmiths I have talked to about it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Sounds like the little cam, on the right side , that holds the locking bolt in place while the gun is open, is not doing it's job. Probably just needs cleaning or at worst you could polish a smidgen off of the cam arm that locks the bolt back.

Ed Yanchok

4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I can do this with my TM-1 if I fail to push the lever all the way to the right.

No biggie and nothing wrong with it.

Hauxfan!

5. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

it could be that i was not pushing the lever all the way to the lock position---if that little cam was damaged them it would return to centre every time---

i was actually being really gentle and loving to the gun as she was hitting 90% of the birds---

6. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Perazzis do have quite a bit of unecessary top lever throw. The mx guns can have some of that "over-travel" corrected...only those with the locking devise on the side. I've done a few for Jack Swanson (MIA).

Doug

7. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

It is in the mechanism that "Ed Y" mentioned above. Look at the diagram below for info.

I have the necessary parts should you require any.

[​IMG]

Jim White

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi top lever spring removal