1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

PERAZZI TMX9

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dsm80, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsm80

dsm80 TS Member

Did the TMX9 make a debut at the Grand. And if it was available how did it look and shoot?

2. Basicdesignmachine

Basicdesignmachine TS Member

Yes I Believe it's the TM9X FYI

3. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Both the TM9 and TM9X was at Perazzi.. and Dan got a TM9 towards the end of the Grand.. All it is.. is a TM1 with a sculptured receiver like a MX8.. The dynamics are very,very similar to a TM1 or TMX.. The main improvement is a better trigger.. more like the MX series drop trigger as far as the hammer/sear relationship goes.. FYI the trigger is interchangable with a TM1.. The factory has discontinued the TM1 parts.. and made sure little else interchanges.. the adjustable rib mimics the TM10 which was Fantastic.. and made many years ago.. in a run of 50.. IF you like a very dynamic.. quick to the target gun..this might be the gun for you.. Dynamic wise..the TM9X moves faster than the MX15 with the adjustable rib barrel.. A top single MX3 is VERY similar in dynamics to a TM9.. If you like a 10 pound singles gun..this is NOT the gun for you.. I handled the TM9X and shot the TM9.. All Good.. Locking bolt Mike

4. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

And if you want a great dynamic TM9 for about $5,000 less, send your TM1 to moneymaker and they will install a MX15 identical rib on your gun. You will need a adjustable rib with longer then usual pins. I seen one done up that oleiodawg had at the Pa. state shoot and I was impressed with the work.

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

It took almost 6 weeks for me to be approved.. and well.. I worked for them..The website is still new for them.. Dan does not have the time to go thru it.. and I don't have a clue who censors the posts.. Anyone having problems..please send me your thoughts.. and I'll get with Dan and see what can be done.. The whole thing is built by a computer guy..not Dan.. I can tell you first hand Dan is working 12 to 16 hours a day to keep up with the demand.. There is little time for sleep.. let alone the internet.. All Good.. Mike

6. Lurefish

Lurefish Member

Ray Stafford shot his at the Grand all week. He had the adjustable rib model and as expected seemed to shoot it well. Ken Jeffries

7. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I got mine at the Eastern Zone Shoot and have put about 1000 rounds through it so far. I had to remove the end of the safety tang in order to get my release trigger into it and I had to re-stock it since I'm 6'7" with 38" sleeve length. It points way better than my old TM-1s and has a way better pattern. It's over bored and only has .032 of constriction. I didn't even touch the adjustable rib and it's shootin' right where I look. Now all I have to do is remember to LOOK at the TARGET.

Ed Yanchok

PS I really like my new gun and I'll give it 5*****s

8. Garry

Garry Active Member

Which Perazzi doubles gun has the same rib height as the TMX9?

9. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

I handled one at the VA state shoot in July. Pointed nice - very similar to my TMX.

For the price, however, I think a pair of KX-5's, or just one and $5K worth of shells is a better value.

Joe

10. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Trouble is, once you've shot up your $5k worth of shells, what do you have??

Ed Yanchok

11. TOOLMAKER 251

You will have a Perazzi TM-1 with a $1,000 dollar TM-9 style rib on it.

12. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

There is no doubt that the quickest/smoothest MX gun that PERAZZI ever made wa the MX 3 round mono. Mike states that emphatically. I concur. Here is an exapmple

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The gun is near TM weight, the rib is just high enough to get your eye away from the top lever, the rib is tapered, the ease that the gun closes is unsurpassed, the variety of trigger variations is not in any K-gun vernacular... And I have to tell ou from personal experience, if you can duplicate this stock, the recoiil/kick is minimal. This stock is special because it is cast off from the factory. Only Dan Bonillas brings this gun to his shoulder better than I.

13. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

Ed - you have a KX-5 (a wonderful SBT gun) that you can sell for just about what you paid for it if you decide you don't like it; and after $5K worth of shells you should know. Seems they are holding their value pretty well for one reason or another......

Joe

14. Top Single 35#

Top Single 35# TS Member

Does anybody know how much moneymaker charges to put a adjustable rib on a TM1,Dan Drainer

15. TOOLMAKER 251

I talked to the owner of a Moneymaker TM-1 conversion in July and he said $1,000

16. cole-mitchell

cole-mitchell TS Member

perazzibigbore is referring to Dan lokker, giacomo's son in law and the new owner of giacomo sporting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

buy perazzi tmx9

compare perazzi tmx to tm9

dan bonillas perazzi stock

perazzi tmx9

tmx 9 perazzi