1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi TMX Special 34 inch F/S

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by JACK, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

See the bottom posts. This is a story of a gun that performs

2. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

715-441-9817. I have phone in pocket

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

Another one added to Jack's collection. Let us know how you like it.

ss

4. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

shortsu... this wil be my first (FIRST) Wilkinson bbl gun. I am so excited to test it against my stock Perazzi bbls. I have 30 flats of new shells, and all kinds of reload recipes. So, it iwll sell as is or I will end up shooing it. Ihave stock TM1, TMX, andmy MX3 andMX15... Hope the club melts the snow so I canget to the pattern board. I never did ask seller if this is oneofthose rare highshooters. Guessing it is not. But a Wilkinson TMX will be a wonderfulgun fo rme or for my daugheter or son in law. I shot my best back in the late 80s with a TM1. This will be like it I am sure.

I'll get a report in before it gets reassigned.

Thanks to all.

Jack

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

0   0   0

Jack,

Stand at the 27 and watch 'em turn to smoke with a standard 3 dram load. Tom knows how to tune a barrel. The big plus here is this one isn't ported.

Enjoy it as I know you will.

ss

6. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

ss. the trick to any bbl enhancement is to expand the dense center core to abouut double at long yardage. Nora is emphatic that the only pellets of value at long yardage comme from the center core. I hav shot dense center core all my shooting career and this year, I am shooting an expanded version in my MX15 nad perhaps this gun. My buds the Demullings live and win by Wilkinson. Winning back to back husband/wife singles champ at Sparta with 400/400 tell a story that makes a guy perk up his ears.

j

7. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

0   0   0

Jack,

The TMX that I have been shooting shoots 100% high with the comb lifted about a 1/4" above its normal position on the stock ...

The MX-2000/8 that I recently purchased shoots low with the beads stacked, I had to lift the comb 1/2 inch above the normal postion on the stock to get it to shoot 100% high ... Wilkinson did the barrel and it measures (Bore .742) with .035 restriction, on the grease sheet it shows a very dense pattern from 30, 35, and 40 yards ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

8. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

I own a TMX rigged up to look like a "special" now. Wood and trigger form a Special. I may upgrade to this gun. Either way, I'll have one for sale. Maybe I can find a pic of my TMX... Let me look... This is the gun, but I sold this Simms stock to "IBShoootin" on the forum. I have a perfect period stock fo rthis gun. My daughter shoots it, but has less interest these days. Kids and all.
    [​IMG]

9. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Jack,

I know you like Perazzi, but it only took one minute to sell this gun! It probably was seconds. LOL. Very nice gun. Jon

10. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

It will be a younger sibling to this TMX. This is a circa mid '80s gun with a standard 18.4 bore and Briley thinwalls. I do have two tipped up chokes for this gun as well that will get it shooting 100% with stacked beads. But very similar guns for sure.
    [​IMG]

11. clydep

clydep Member

0   0   0

JCSHOOTER; Do you know what choke {points of constriction} your barrel ended up with after Tom finished his work? Thanks in advance......Clydep

12. Pacemaker

Pacemaker Member

0   0   0

JCSHOOTER, That sure did not take long. You broke some great scores with that gun See you in April

13. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Pace adn Clyde..; maybe this years gun... see you at Cardinal?

One thing we can count on is a good pattern bustin targets...

14. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

You guys might recall this gun... It had some blue issues and you did not want it. Well I had it blued by Braker and it is the deepest shiniest blue I have ever seen. These pics do not do it justice because the gun was a/c cold and put out into the humidity and the oil mixed with water to dull the finish. Went away as soon as I moved it back inside. A tremendous shooter. Perhaps the best I have had my hands on since I cam back to shooting. Anyone know the guy I bought the gun from? I want to tell him about the gun and thank him once again. Jack
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

I see. I got the gun from "jcshooter". I know he was an Ohio guy... I'll PM him and see if he is still checking in on the forum. If not, one of you guys know him and tell him to chck in with me. I want to tell him how much I like the gun and how well it shoots.

16. raziz

raziz TS Member

0   0   0

What is the asking price

17. JACK

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

RAZ... It is NOT FOR SALE. Just a story of a gun that did not sell fairly and so I kept it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.