1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi TMX Question ??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by MAL-53, Sep 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MAL-53

MAL-53 Member

Which model of Perazzi shotguns replaced the TMX?
    Are they just as good,better or a step backward?
    thanks in advance, Mark

2. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

MX14/15 were meant to replace the single barrel guns - but without the high rib.

It was a step FAR backwards.

3. MAL-53

MAL-53 Member

What about the MX 2000? I Like high ribs and or unsingle models

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

MIA, very good explaination, Very educational. Murray

5. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

There has not been a replacement for the TM series. I opted for an MX 10 top sgl. combo. The rib is slightly lower than a TMX. I may try a MX 2005 top sgl.a slightly higher rib. Both guns are heavier than a TMX. I paid $1695 new for my TMX. Probably why the TM was not replaced. I think the last year of production the TMX was almost $5000. Several years ago, Giacomo tried to get Mr. Perazzi to let him make the TM series to no avail.

6. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

I have a TMX I've shot for quite awhile, and I DO NOT have to stack the beads! It came from the factory listed as a 70/30 POI, and that is exactly what it does with one bead right behind the other, looking right down a flat rib.

I recently bought an MX-14 Combo, mainly because I wanted the double gun, and it shoots exactly the same! One bead right behind the other. After about 130,000 rds thru the TMX which I thought I would shoot forever, I have started shootinng the unsingle and love it. It is heavier than the TMX, but it didn't take long to get used to. Both barrels have the same POI, 70/30 with one bead right behind the other!

7. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

My TMX shoots about 9 inches high at 40 yards with the beads in the proverbial figure 8 which I don't look at anyway. This is about 80/20 and replaced the MX-3 combo I had before that which was about 70/30. The new single barrel I bought for an MX-3 shoots the same POI as my TMX. They did make a very limited number of TM-10 on the TM frame with an adjustable rib.

8. In plain view

In plain view Member

I have both, the TM-1 Special and just recently purchased TMX Special. I've been doing quite well since the purchase of the TMX. I have it set for a tight figure 8 and as long as I do my part, the target has no chance. Bob in Los Angeles

9. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Mike, I'm confused about your weight and balance statement. My TMX has no added weight or recoil reducer in the stock. My MX-3 single barrel has an extra weight on the forend of 4 oz and the balance point is still just back of the hinge pin instead of at the hinge pin like on the TMX. The MX-3 seems to swing just a tad quicker than the TMX and I'm tempted to use the MX-3 for Singles and shoot the TMX from the 27. At my age just shy of 69, I don't think I could handle the extra weight of a heavier gun. I just talked to Daro Handy on the weekend and Daro has gone back to an 1100 because he thought the Perazzi 34" O/U he was using was just too heavy.

10. hairy

hairy TS Member

Mike, some more TM-10's would sell.

11. Klay_Buster

Klay_Buster TS Member

Newer replacement for a TMX ? Try a Kolar T/S. You will love it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi tmx poi

perazzi tmx why the rib

replace a bead on a perazzi tmx

taper on a perazzi tmx rib