1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi TMX Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ExFedex, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

After 30 plus years of Remingtons and drop in parts I now have a TMX with a pitted firing pin. Have a new pin and spring on hand. Does this require any fitting as to length or like good old 1100 can I just install and shoot? I have already removed the pitted pin which went quite easy. Thanks agin for your help in this and past questions. Regards; Bill H.

2. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

The new pin will ?? be to long ?? that woud be my guess . But you could check it with the old pin first .

ALD

3. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

Nope, put in the new pin and shoot it,,,I've been a TMX owner/shooter since 1992,,still have it and looks/shoots like new,,,jim

4. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Bill have you layed the new pin and the old pitted pin side by side ???That should show you if they are the same length, Now what to be weary of is 1st if you know that you have a new pin that is made for a TMX or a TM1 it will fit, but if someone told you or sold you a pin and just said it is for a peazzi it may not fit brcause like the Model MX2000 it takes two differant size pins, on is shorter than the other, if you happen to have on of them it probaly wont fit in your Gun.

5. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Thanks for the input. Should have mentioned that its a coil spring trigger assembly. Now I feel a bit more comfortable about this repair. It may have had Rio ammo shot in it before I got it but I gave up on that brand several years ago when I had a flat that the 1100 would not close up on due to poor quality control and excess rim thickness. The new pin and spring are for a TMX but I see what you mean about parts that look similiar. Had a spare cocking foot and found out it really fit an MX8 not a TMX. Nice gun, especially with the Counter Coil unit it shoots very soft. Will miss the hand warming and startled look on adjacent shooters on those winter nights with a flameing empty hanging in the shell catcher though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.