1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

perazzi tmx question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Simon Engraving, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon Engraving

Simon Engraving Active Member

friend has tmx has 2 trigger groups. pull trigger has coil spring and works fine. release trigger does not seem to cock hammer.he says release has leaf spring. says he cancock it by hand and it holds. says nothing seems to be broken. any ideas of what to look for. thnks

2. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Cocking foot likely too small.

Could try the foot from the working trigger.

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I agree RickN. I actually had the same problem but in reverse. My McDaniels leaf spring release trigger was overcocking the hammer causing unnormal compression of the leaf spring and spring breaking too soon. I swapped the cocking foot with the original Pull trigger which I don't use and have not broken a leaf spring since.

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I suggest that your friend take off the stock and then cock the gun by opening it and he should be able to see what is happening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.