1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

perazzi tmx question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bafreebird, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bafreebird

bafreebird TS Member

i have a tmx special that i would like to find out how old it is. the serial number is 82276 . on the bottom of the barrel it is marked BA . it is nickel plated and has a removable fireing pin bushing. i seen on a thread , that perazzi made 50 of these with the bushing. thanks for the help BOB

2. bafreebird

bafreebird TS Member

3. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

According to the link above your TMX with BA was made in 1991 and is considerably newer than mine. A friend of mine had a TM-1 with the same factory firing pin bushing as your gun has. The bushing looks like a Pat Laib BT-99 bushing but is factory Perazzi. My TMX bought used 20 years ago has firing pin hole wear but has not gotten any worse in the 20 years I have had it. I knew the original owner and he made reloads using Finnish primers and I only use Winchester primers.

4. bafreebird

bafreebird TS Member

i was told that some of these guns had the bushing when they were sold new. i wonder if i could find out from perazzi.,and if the nickel plating was done at the factory.

5. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

On my friend's TM-1 Special it definitely had the bushing when he bought it new. His TM-1 also had a tapered rib like my TMX where most of the older TM-1's had a rib that was the same width full length.

6. bafreebird

bafreebird TS Member

thanks for the help . any more information would be great. thanks , bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.