1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi TMX hammer spring question?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bust'em all, Dec 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bust'em all

Bust'em all TS Member

Hello, Just shot trap today for the first time in about 9 years. I was doing well for such a long break and also shooting a new gun which I picked up at a show last winter; Perazzi TMX 32". I broke 15 out of my first 16 and just as I was starting to get excited my trigger group failed, so I had to bail out on the rest of the round. Its the removable style; after removed, the hammer spring (coil type)along with the hammer spring guide (I believe, metal pin with a ball on one end)had come out of the assembly and was loose in the reciver, nothing was broken though. Does this happen often? I am replacing the spring and the quide but should I replace all the springs? (lever return, firing pin, trigger return, etc). How often or after how many cycles do you replace these parts( springs)or any other high wear parts like firing pins? I can only find these parts at Midway; they are aftermarket, any experience as to these being as good as OEM?

Thanks in advance,
    Mike

2. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Stick with genuine Perazzi parts.

3. dzneff

dzneff Member

Shot my TMX for about 2 years - estmate 25,000 rounds - before I had any trouble. Not the problem you describe. Had all springs replaced 6 months ago without any problem - approx 10,000 rounds since. Stick with Perrazi factory parts.
    Denny

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi tmx special hammer spring