1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi TMI

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Matthew Moser, Apr 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew Moser

Matthew Moser TS Member

Tell me about the Perazzi TMI. Is it any good?

2. Matthew Moser

Matthew Moser TS Member

Also, has anybody heard of Fabarms? Are they any good?

3. smartass

smartass TS Member

No good at all

4. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

Be very careful shopping for a TM1. There are plenty out there to buy for as low as $1,600 on up. They are usually ragged out. Two years ago, I paid $3,000 for my TM1 Special. Maybe paid too much, but the gun was one of the later ones made and in excellent condition. I love it. You just have to be careful.

5. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

The Perazzi Book by Karl Lippard will have that info. I'm sure someone at your club has one you can borrow. He dates them by serial number.

6. fearlessfain

fearlessfain TS Member

don't buy one with any barrel work done by anyone, and that includes the so-called best.(ex perazzi rep)

7. Bforte

Bforte TS Member

I have one of the old ( 1976) TM1 's with the silver bars. It has approx 300,000
    rounds through it. In 1994, I had a new locking bolt and springs and Bruce
    Bowen built a new release. I have been shooting it ever since with out
    1 break down or release malfunction. I think it is one of the best guns
    ever produced. If you take care of it, it will take care of you.

8. pdq

pdq Member

IF interested, I have a TM1 Special I am selling. High serial number in the 86xxx range, gun is very tight mechanically, not shot out like many seen. I bought the gun a little over 2 years ago and immediately sent it down to Tom Wilkinson. I then started shooting another gun, so this one has seen very little use by me. I asked Tom to do the barrel, patterning it for 70/30, plus go over the gun & do whatever else was needed to make it 100%. He advised changing the main trigger spring, so I had that done. Wood is in good shape, typical random handling marks, nothing real noticeable. Comes in it's Perazzi case with original manual, tools, plus invoice from Wilkinson as documentation (barrel is also signed by Tom).

I don't know how to post pictures to this site, but if interested, let me know & I'll send some your way. I'm located about 20 miles west of Philadelphia.

If of interest, let me know

Pete

9. hot springs

hot springs TS Member

I've shot a TM-1 Special for about 12 years now. Except for the usual things that can and will go wrong with any gun ie: 1 hammer and 1 firing pin, I've never had any troules with this gun. I highly recommend it. This firearm is quick to the target and a natural pointing gun. I've tried other guns, but, still prefer the way this one fits me, and it shoots where I'm looking. I've never touched the barrels and shoot everything with .0036 points of choke constriction. I'm not a fan of aftermarket chokes either. Try to find a TM-1 Special. They generally have a better grade of wood than the regualar TM-1 does and therefore, cost a little more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.