1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi TMI value?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tallpaul, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tallpaul

tallpaul Member

An older gentleman at the my club is selling a Perazzi TMI Special Serial # PU73619. He says the "Special" feature is that the trigger drops out. The gun shows some blueing wear around the forestock, and the wood shows wear for a gun that looks to be about 20 years old. The gun comes with three Briley extended knurled choke tubes. I would rate the gun between 80% to 85%. To those of you that know these guns, what do you think the ballpark asking/selling price should be for this one? I know nothing about Perazzi guns.

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Paul. The "Special" features are that the gun was machined via CNC and that the trigger has LOP adjustment. Those are desireable. But the gun sounds ot me to be in the $1800 max category as it wiould take about $700 to make it look good again. This gun likely has more negatives than you describe and only pictures will tell the story.

Jack

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

tall paul, as far as I know, the dropout trigger is on all TM-1 guns that I am familiar with.

A TM1-Special, as far as I know, also has choke tubes, and an adjustable trigger.

Hauxfan!

4. gary0920

gary0920 Member

Check to see if all the numbers match on the parts, trigger, receiver, barrell, forend iron & wood. Next look at the breach face for wear around the firing pin hole. If the hole is oblonged or the face has peened back around the hole, that will need to be repaired by installing a bushing. Some TM1s have already been repaired and you will be able to see where the bushing was installed. All TM1s have a removeable trigger by pushing the safety forward while swinging the trigger out. Take the trigger out and push the firing pin forward with your finger, it should not stick or drag. Assemble the gun and close the action while holding the lever open, then release the lever. If the lever moves all the way to the six o'clock position the locking block, opening lever, or both may need replaced. If you make it this far without any of the above problems, then you are in the $1800 - $2000 dollar range. The cosmetics of the gun are not that big of deal from this point and will only add to the value. They are great guns and with Giacamo's or a few other outstanding gunsmiths help, they will last forever.

5. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

The Special has a tapered rib and not all had choke tubes. They have the adjustable LOP trigger. It will say special on the side of the receiver. Very nice and desirable gun. I have seen them sell for 1800 up to 2500 and well worth the money.
    Don

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Get a picture on here if you can. It'll clear up many questions we may have about the value. A pristine TM1 Special can go as high as $3500. but this sounds like a well worn one. All above have given great info for you. If you follow their advice you'll do fine.

Figure it this way. Cost to reblue and refinish stock nicely, $500- 600, to a gun that is with all original equipment plus $1,800. makes for one of the best shooters ever made. A true made for the sport of trapshooting machine.

7. tallpaul

tallpaul Member

I appreciate all the input and info. This is a great forum. The information available on this forum makes me look half way intelligent when I'm at my club.

8. pdq

pdq Member

I sold a TM1 Special about a year ago, very high serial number, excellent tight original condition. No choke tubes, but barrel tuned by Wilkinson. In the case with all original paperwork, I sold it to a dealer for $2,800.00.

Just another data point.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
perazzi tm1 closes where should my top lever be
perazzi tm1 serial number

perazzi tmi

perazzi tmi for sale
shotgun stock tmi
stock for perazzi tmi

tmi shotguns