1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi TM9X Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by notquite27, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

I need some "real world" info on the above gun. I have the opportunity to buy a TM9X in new condition at a really attractive price, but posts here have been all over the lot. "Good gun, too light, rib vibrates, light recoil, heavy recoil, etc." Has anyone actually lived with one for an extended period of time, and can give me an honest evaluation? I've shouldered the gun (feels really solid) but have not actually shot one. It does feel a bit light, as I am 6'0" and 215 lbs. My current singles/caps gun is 9 pounds 4 ounces.

Any input before I lay out my hard earned dollara would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Fred Neal

Fred Neal Member

I am shooting a TM1 probably worth 18-2200.00 According to people in the know the difference in a TM1 and a TM9X is a higher adj rib and maybe nicer wood. However a new TM9X is north of 10 grand. For the differance put on an adj comb adj rib ad a recoil reduction device and you will still have Thousands of $$$ to buy ammo and go to a lot of shoots. Just my opinion and we all know about opinions
    Have Fun and break them all
    Fred

3. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

You can buy a really nice P gun or K gun combo for what you'll drop on the TM9X. Perazzi didn't make many of them. Almost like they were testing the marketability. A very over priced singles and caps gun. Test drove one at Cardinal last year....not impressed for the price. There are many better ways to spend that money.

one word...COMBO.

Just sayn'

4. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I believe that I have one of the first ones to be produced. Bought it from Hi-Grade almost 4 years ago. Prior to buying it I shot a TM-1 for all single shot events and carried a decent average. Actually got my AA27AA pin a few years ago. Although I've gotten older and don't shoot as much registered as I used to, but with it I've shot more top scored than I did with the TM-1. Lot's of 100s. I too am a big guy, 6'7" 275 pounds. The gun's not too light and I really like the ability to shoot the heads up style. I do use my old Precision Trigger in it. If you live anywhere near NJ I'd be happy to let you try mine.

Ed Yanchok

5. Shotgun Ron

Shotgun Ron Member

I have ran a few thousand rounds through mine and I think its the best gun I have ever used. Quicker pointing and soft shooting, I could not be more pleased with it. I'm 6-1, 276lbs......Ron

6. Wildcat Lewis

Wildcat Lewis Member

Notquite

I was concerned with a slight rib vibration on my TM9X (my post may have been
    the one that was bothering you in that respect) anyway, I asked Lusso about it at the at the Grand last week. He believes it to be a non issue. And for now I would have to agree with him. It isn't anything that you can see, just has a slight felt vibration when fired. The adjustment springs on both ends are probably what I am feeling and it shouldn't be enough to cause a problem.
    Have put some where around 15k rounds through the gun in the past 10 months and no problems. Fastest pointing shotgun on the planet period. Recoil isn't bad right out of the box as is. Add a little weight, have Tom Wilkenson bore the barrel and it will shoot as soft or softer as any other properly fitted Trap Gun.

Hope it helps,
    Lewis

7. notquite27

notquite27 TS Member

Wildcat,

Non-issue, my ass! I got the same line of crap from the Blazer marketing manager(who is now GONE) when I had an F3 Unsingle that vibrated like a tuning fork on every shot. I dumped the gun and went back to my MX-10. Too many of these bozo's just want to sell guns, and not address their design flaws. Thanks for the input, but I think I'll dance with the gal who brung me!

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I detect the attitude of a "baiter". Why did you ask the question if you had already decided to "stay with who brung you"? Huh?

I'm with Wildcat. His was a thoughtful answer to a question that seems already decided upon. Nice goin notquite

9. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Hummm... So the Blazer has a rib vibrations too, or are you saying that Lucio gave "a line of crap?"

I think not, AND you are comparing the TM9X to a Blazer - I think I need to go play nine holes with MIA. He's a straight shooter just like Lucio.

Whiz

10. JACK

NOt quite is gone. But Ihave a "TING" in my Wilkinson TMX when I pay attention to it. And I have learned to like the sound. Obviously that is a vibration. Adn too, do you guys remember Jack Seehase? He spent his shooting career researching bbl vibrations and the effect that it had on patterns and direction.Too you may recall he was big on porting and thepositive effect it had on patterns and gun handling. Ihave his handout brochure that described his work on "dig" somewherst on this soon to be gone computer. If I can find it, I will post the pics. but it is buried in one of my many filing systems that I devise with every qirky idea that pops into my head. I found it. Lift the pics off your coputer by right click and copy to a file. Then you can blow them up to read the brochure. Here are the pages in order. Page 1
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. JACK

I can zip file these pics and send them via email. I'll break it down to 4 pics to a zip.

12. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

Jack:

I had the same brochure and gave it to Neil Winston. I met Jack
    S. at the Grand when he was selling his patented recoil pad.
    He was quite the engineer. I believe Seitz style porting is a
    close copy of what Jack designed.
    John P.

13. Wildcat Lewis

Wildcat Lewis Member

Thanks MIA

Your "ting" best describes what I have been feeling when the gun fires. In fact the more I shoot the gun the more I enjoy it. "Tinged" through 200 x 200 with it last Saturday at Cardinal Classic!

Lewis

14. JACK

lewis. Amazing... the things we can say when we try to do it right... Nice shooting "Cat-man"... nice shootin.

Jack

15. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

I played with a TM9X at the state shoot. Gray's Shotgun Cache had a whole bunch of Perazzis in their booth and the 9X was especially nice. If I were looking for an SBT that would be very high on my list. Yes the balance is different than say an MX10, but it sure was nice.

16. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Put a couple wraps of tape around the barrels and through the rib, ping gone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
perazzi tm 9x for sale

perazzi tm9x

perazzi tm9x for sale

perazzi tm9x reviews

perazzi tm9x shotgun for sale
perrazzi tm9x
review of perazzi tmx9 shotgun
used tm9x perazzi for sale