1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi tm9x choke

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dale58, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

All the perazzi tm9x i see for sale say choked .032 light full. My question , is .032 tight enough from the 27 yard line ? I thought around .040 from long yardage. thanks Dale

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Mine is .035 and it's plenty tight

Ed Yanchok

3. Champion II

Champion II Active Member

There are some at .035 and .036 .... but rare ... most .032

4. Kolarpole

Kolarpole Member

My TM9X has a .740 bore and a 30 choke...............Breaks them well if yaaa put it to the right spot!!!!!!!

5. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

IF you have a TM9 please tell me what you like and don't like about it. I think it looks like a trap gun should look.Very Nice....SMOKIT

6. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

IF you have a TM9 please tell me what you like and don't like about it. I think it looks like a trap gun should look.Very Nice....SMOKIT

7. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

No need to go any more than .035. More is ok but not necessary. I shot my best annual averages from the 27 using my MX8 bottom barrel. It's .029.

8. Johnpic

Johnpic Member

My TM9X is a .735 bore full choke. How do you figure the choke size? I traded in my MX2000 unsingle for the TM9X and shoot it much better. I like a little lighter gun but I do think it has a little more felt recoile. At least for me. One thing I noticed is that my cant is gone.

Johnpic

9. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

My MX10RS done by Wilkinson is .032. It smokes 'em from 16 to 27. You gotta do your part.

10. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

The choke in my TM-9x was stamped full and since it was new, I didn't think I would have to check it. In fact is was a rough, five-inch long 0.029 and was no good for long-yardage handicap. When I patterned it (ten shots, 40 yards, counted pellets, mid-high 60% patterns) ) it shot closest to a modified choke from most good aftermarket suppliers.

I couldn't use it as it was, so I sent it to Tom Wilkinson for choke tubes. Since the fixed choke it came with couldn't be saved, what I got back was the whole range of tubes I ordered. I used the 0.025 to win Senior Veteran at the Minnesota State Shoot with a 198 and I used the 0.040 to break the first 65 in the handicap at the Iowa State Shoot today finishing with a 93.

I like the gun a lot. More than my MX-2000 in fact, though that one shoots as well or better with its 0.040 fixed choke. The TM-9x, with a Wenig New-American stock with 1/8 inch more offset and some file work besides is just a lot lighter and easier to move across the sky than the MX, and as I move into senior vet I just can't fling a gun around as I used to.

Before I had the Wilkinson work done, I emailed the dealer I bought it from to see if I could order a second barrel, preferably with a 0.725+ bore and 0,040 choke. Since the barrel I had was fine for singles, it would have been a nice singles/handicap combo. Though I sent the email twice, I never got a reply.

Neil

11. dale58

dale58 Well-Known Member

Neil thats a great story, directly to my question. i did not think a .032 choke would give a very good pattern at 40-45 yards. i don't understand why these guns are not choked at .038-.040. The rem.90t i had was .038 fixed choke, it was super tight for singles (ink dots) and still broke targets well at 27 yards. it seams like a lot of money to spend and still have to have someone put tubes in it. thanks for all the thoughtful responses. Dale

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.