1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi TM9 vs MX8 single barrel ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Believe the price difference between a new Perazzi TM9 versus the MX8 with top single barrel only is less than $1,000.

With the MX8 you have an option to add an O/U barrel later.

Plus with the MX8 you have the basic Perazzi building block to do whatever you want with later.

If you can handle the extra $1,000 now...

Are there other advantages to the TM9 that would favor it over the single barrel MX8 ?

2. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Deleted.

3. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Believe the price difference between a new Perazzi TM9 versus the MX8 with top single barrel only is less than $1,000.

With the MX8 you have an option to add an O/U barrel later.

Plus with the MX8 you have the basic Perazzi building block to do whatever you want with later.

If you can handle the extra $1,000 now...

Are there other advantages to the TM9 besides the $1,000 that would favor the TM9 over the single barrel MX8 ?

4. Gulfstream

Gulfstream Member

Please check your PM's.

5. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

I am considering replacing my TM1's and have narrowed it down to the same two guns. Come on Perazzi guys, give us your opinion.

6. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have owned 9 Perazzi's. The TM1 was one of my first. I personally would not buy the TM9. Another Perazzi marketing ploy to raise the price. You are paying for what they call upgraded wood and a raised rib with cross rib pickets. If I were to decide between the two, it would be a used MX8 Special combo. They are out there, you just have to look. I would also try to find one with fixed chokes from factory. Back when they introduced the gun, the factory chokes were great in my opinion. I owned one and never changed the chokes. Yes, choked tight, but patterned very nice. You also get one of the best triggers they ever made. The P-4 selectable. The older TM1's had very tight chokes from the factory. My old gun had a leaf spring trigger and .043 choke. I shot it that way and earned yardage. Everyone is different, but I preferred the MX8 series guns because of the O/u barrel configuration with the single. Considering what they want for a TM9, you can find some nice MX8 combos for less dollars and have more gun. Roy

7. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

IMO, TM9 & TM9X are for those who has many Perazzis, that wants to try a "New" model.

The MSRP of TM9 is the same as MX-15, and just a little less than a MX-8.

As for the MX-8, the sky is the limit as configurations goes. If I can only have one Perazzi, it'll be a MX-8.

People praise the old TM1s, especially at today's bargain prices compare to the other Perazzis. Now the manufacture shows you a modern day version of the same gun at today's price.

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

If you find an Mx8, I have a top single barrel that has been converted to an adjustable rib by Dennis Devault for sale. It was taken from a late type three model, serial number 52011. It come with it's own forearm iron and wood. $1,800.00.

9. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

One of my good friends prefers the TM guns because they are true single barrel trap guns. He likes the fact that you don't have to open them as far to extract a shell, feeling that this gives him less fatigue over the course of a week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
best perazzi single barrel trap gun
perazzi mx8 single barrel
perazzi mx8 vs tm9
perazzi tm1 vs
perazzi tm1 vs tm9

perazzi tm9

perazzi tm9 new shotguns price
perazzi tm9 vs dt10