1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi TM9 vs MX8 single barrel ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Believe the price difference between a new Perazzi TM9 versus the MX8 with top single barrel only is less than $1,000.

With the MX8 you have an option to add an O/U barrel later.

Plus with the MX8 you have the basic Perazzi building block to do whatever you want with later.

If you can handle the extra $1,000 now...

Are there other advantages to the TM9 that would favor it over the single barrel MX8 ?

2. Gulfstream

Gulfstream Member

Hammer,

I know nothing at all about the MX8, but I own an 2010 model year TM9 and I can offer a little information about it.

My gun has a 34 inch untouched barrel with the 18.7 bore and .032 fixed choke. It also was ordered from Perazzi with outstanding SC3 right-hand wood, a palm swell, and a factory adjustable semi-rollover comb. The receiver is silver. The gun has had an Allem roller-release trigger installed which I'm not sure if you are familiar with, but the trigger can be charged back and forth between release and pull with the installation or removal of a single screw. It's quite a slick feature, but I shoot a pull trigger.

The gun has also had the factory Perazzi recoil pad and a very small amount of wood removed and replaced with one of three fitted aftermarket recoil pads (a Kick-eez, a Trapdude rocker, or a Trapdude trap pad).

It's a beautiful gun in like-new condition but I owned a Ljutic previously and am finding that I prefer the heavier weight of the Ljutic.

If I can help answer any other questions, my email is strong.mb@gmail.com.

Mike

3. Gulfstream

Gulfstream Member

Please check your PM's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi mx8 vs tm9