1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi TM1 Special?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ps8182, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ps8182

ps8182 TS Member

I'm looking for some information on tm1 specials that someone might be able to share with me. I bought what appears to be a tm1 special on Gunbrokers today. The gun has a serial no. in the low 9000's, which I think makes it a 1985 model. I have previously owned a tm1 special and have seen many over the years but this one appears to be different from all of them. This gun has a fixed choke, fixed length of pull trigger and a receiver that is marked Perazzi TM1 on one side and I think marked special on the other. The gun does have a tapered rib and smaller forend like the rest though. I ran across the auction last minute and didn't get a chance to ask the seller many questions, but the gun was clean and priced like a standard tm1, so I took a chance because the specials in good shape are usually priced pretty high. Take a look at the picture and let me know if you think its a special. I like the fixed choke over the shorty tubes that are typically seen in these, I just hope it shoots a little higher like the rest of them. Thanks Kelly

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

It's doesn't have the standard adjustable trigger and every TM1 Special I've seen has the word "Special" after the "TM1" and nothing on the other side of the receiver. Good luck. Perazzi's done a lot of strange stuff in the past though.

3. ps8182

ps8182 TS Member

Here's one

4. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

A friend of mine had a newer TM1 with the tapered rib and a BT-99 type bushing on the breech face surrounding the firing pin hole. I don't know if his was a Special. Yours appears to be in good shape.

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Shoot it and forget it. Look either near new or nicely redone.

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Beautiful gun - You'll be on the 27 soon, if not already.

WW

7. WonderBoy

WonderBoy TS Member

looks like a browning to me

8. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I know about the Pat Laib bushing repair but this was a Perazzi factory thing on his late issue TM1 which was actually an insurance company replacement for his original TM1 that was stolen right out of his car locked in his own garage. Another TS.com poster now owns the TM1 with the BT-99 type bushing after my friend passed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi tm-1 special parts