1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi TM1 issues...????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by subaru, May 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subaru

subaru TS Member

I recently got my TM1 back from having it reblued. I took it out the first time and all the guts flew out of the forearm and I lost most of them. No problem there I sent it to Giacomo and had it back in a week. I took it out last night and am having trouble with the firing pin rubbing across the primer and back of the spent shell when I try to open it. It opens and closes fine when it is empty. You can see where the firing pin is dragging across the primer. I took it to a local gunsmith to have it reblued and the locking block tightened up. It was very loose before but that was fixed. The gunsmith that did the work means well but has never worked on a Perazzi or guns like them. I only paid $150 for the reblue and locking block work done so I hate to go back and complain. Does anyone know what the problem is?

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

The problem is you're too easy on the gunsmith that did the work. He set the price, go back and tell him that you would like what you paid for. Tell him to fix it right. He owes you that. Bulge

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

He prob reassembled it with out th return spring

4. bobr

bobr Member

This sounds very similar to a problem I experienced with my TM1 recently. It is possible that the firing pin return spring is missing or the firing pin chamber is dirty and therefore not returning the firing pin properly in the housing. But after installing a new firing pin in my gun I experienced the same problem and finally determined that the firing pin was to long and shortened it by filing off about .020" from the front. To determine if it is too long remove the stock and barrel and with the hammer in the fired position the firing pin should not protrude at all from the face of the block. If it does either remove some material from the front of the pin or replace it with an new one from Whiz White. A new one I just purchased from him was considerably shorter than one I purchased from another Perazzi parts dealer. And it is possible for the pin to lengthen over time expecially if it has been dry fired.

5. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Here's the dimensions that you can compare your firing pin to. Schematic is in metric.

[​IMG]

Whiz White

6. subaru

subaru TS Member

Hey Whiz do you have any firing pins left? I might go ahead and replace it anyway after 30+ years it is probably time. Also is it hard to swap out and check the firing pin return spring?

7. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

A fast job isn't good, a good job isn't fast, and a good job isn't cheap in the long run.

If this guy hasn't worked on a Perazzi why would you take it back?

My suggestion: eat the $150 as a lesson learned and dial 1 800 GIACOMO.

Good luck....

8. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I got in a good supplyof TM1 firing pins and recoil springs.

They are (according to my Website URL above) $33.75 which includes the postage.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to change a firing pin on a perazzi tm1

tm-1perazzi fireing pin

tm1 issues