1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi TM 9 Pics

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Doug G, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug G

Doug G TS Member

The New TM 9 Fixed rib and TM 9X Adjustable rib. Will shoot them today. More on my web site latter this weekend. Doug Gray
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

$11K List Price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Doug G

Doug G TS Member

Yes but as with most Perazzi's real $$$ will be likely $7000-8500 depending on model and wood upgrades etc. Maybe 20 guns in the first shipment. DGG

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Never missed with one yet.

Thanks Doug.

5. rustygun

rustygun Member

Doug, are these similar in design to the old TM series and will any parts interchange?

6. shoehorn324

shoehorn324 TS Member

Who ever says the tm-9 is $11,000 ? I don't think they will sell many at
    that price do you ? All it is is a tm-1 or tm-x and you can buy a good one of them for 2,000. to 3,000. have an adjustable rib installed and you got it.
    I hope they bring them in for around 6500. to 7500. cause I've got to have one. But for 11,000 I'll buy a seitz!! ( MADE IN THE USA)
    BUY AMERICAN AND KEEP AMERICANS WORKING!!!!!!

7. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I think that for $11 K, I'd give Dennis a call.

I'm sure that the guns dynamics are very good, but can't they put a better tomato stake on the darn thing.

ec90t

8. Doug G

Doug G TS Member

These guns are quite similar in design to the TM's but part interchangeing will be very limited. The TM 9X does look a bit like the MX 10 but there is more, what I call, "rake" to the rib. Gun balances very well but is lighter than the MX 10. Will get to shoot one tomorrow.

Anybody who wants one for $11K call me first - of course I'll sell you one for considerably less. Doug

9. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

Looks like a coss between a TM-1 and a 90T-HPAR. Not a bad set of genes to combine......

10. crusha

crusha TS Member

Trap guns are getting like compound bows and American cars of the 1950's and 60's. Change the sheet metal and exterior cosmetics every year, to stimulate new purchases from people who "gotta have one." I'd like to apply Phil Kiner's immortal question to those people...when was your last 200? Or even 100?

Trapshooters have a lot of factors working against them, in trying to win. Your familiarity with your present gun is one of the precious few things on the positive side of the ledger book, working _for_ you when you step to the line, instead of against you. And when the "salesmen" come out with something new every year, to separate you from your money...well, which direction does that work?

Of course, I'm barking up the wrong tree. For most of us, Trapshooting is simply about standing in the sun with an expensive gun and enjoying life. When it comes to winning, the Phil Kiners (who, interestingly, shoot the same gun for years until it's worn out) will always eat our lunches.

Glad to see the concept of "retail therapy" is alive and well. Buy On, fellow shooters!

11. bluedsteel

bluedsteel Member

buzz-gun;

Well said!

Jef

12. otnot

otnot Active Member

I fondled one in Tucson and they do have a nice feel to them but $11k+ was a bit excessive.

13. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I would like to know if the fixed rib on the TM9 is as high as a TMX or is in between a TM1 and a TMX.

14. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

Mike - reports are that the rib on the 9 is in between the 1 and the X.

15. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Doug, you said in one of the above threads that you would be shooting the gun and then letting us know how it shot.

Have you done so and if so, how did it shoot?

Hauxfan!

16. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

The MX-10 top single ajustable rib had a limited POI of 80/20 for most shooters.
    Those who wanted higher shooting configurations went to Laibs or Wilkinsin to have extra notches added so the bead could be lowered, and rear of the rib raised. Hopefully the P-dudes fixed that on this gun.

17. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

MX=OU platform.

TM=Single Barrel platform. For the purest in single barrel shotguns.

18. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

For those interested in the price, you should follow the link on the first post. WAY less than $11k.

19. mwmd

mwmd Member

has anyone shot one yet? how is it!

20. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

I love my TMX - I'm sure I'll want one of these as soon as they hit the "used" rack at around $5K.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.