1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi TM-1 Top Levers...differences??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GunDr, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

A while ago here on Trapshooters, there was a discussion about Perazzi TM-1 top levers. Many had posted that they did not know there were two different sizes. The larger diameter shaft top levers appear to be associated with the three digit serial numbered guns.

Now I've learned another difference. This difference is between the older style top levers. When you look at the picture below, you'll see four top levers.

A) is the more current (now obsolete) TM-1 top lever (This is a new/unused lever.

B) is the older larger shaft top lever. This one does not have a serial#. It is also a new/unused lever.

C) is the older larger shaft top lever that I repaired because the peg had cracked. I installed an insert and reshaped the peg (locking bolt actuator)

D) is another older shaft top lever. If you look closely, you will notice the peg does not extend all the way to the larger diameter.

gundr_2008_030314.jpg

The serial number on lever "D" falls prior to lever "C". I also have two more older top levers like lever "D" that I'll need to repair at some date because they have a broken peg. Their serial #'s are after lever "D's". My thought is that the B & C top levers were the original design, then changed to the "D" and then to the "A", but the numbers don't jive. It can very well be possible that the numbers on any one of the above, or even all of them, could have been changed.

The number on lever "C", the one I repaired, does not match the receiver's number, so my guess is it may have already been replaced at some time.

Now, the reason I'm bringing this up (other than I can repair any of the above) is if a shooter were to break a top lever, they would need to know EXACTLY which lever they have. Its obvious that lever "A" will not work with receivers using levers B,C,D, and visa versa.

Now this is were it can get tricky with regards to the older style top levers. You'll notice that "B"&"C" have a different shaped peg than "D". My guess is that a "D" style top lever will fit the receivers for the "B" & "C", but because of a different machine cut within the receiver of a "D" type top lever that "B & "C" will not fit. I would need to look at a "newer" older style to verify.

Anyway, I hope I've confused all you!!!

Doug Braker

2. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Thanks, Doug.

The idiot who bought the top lever from me on eBay and then gave me my only negatrive in 13 years didn't know what he needed and expected me to get him the, now determined top lever. Hopefully he's reading this.

I do have a couple of the original ones in style A left. I begged all over the planet to come up with some and was lucky to get five of them of the more current diameter models. I believe you got one to use as a design for your repair jig.

Thanks for stepping to the plate here and fixing the broken ones for guys unable to get a correct new replacement.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.