1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi TM-1 tapered rib

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by luvtrapguns, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Looking for opinions on the Winchester imported TM-1 with the tapered rib. I have only ever seen one. Are they rare? How many imported? What were the years of manufacture? The one I saw looked identical to my Ithica import except for the rib. Any other changes? Advantages/disadvantages? POI comparison?

The few I have seen offerred for sale (in pictures only) seem to be priced higher than equal condition Ithica or Win imports with the straight rib. When I had an as new Ithica TM-1 listed on this site there were comments such as "if it had the tapered rib I would buy it". On average how much higher price will the tapered rib command and are they in demand because of their rarity?

I have noticed that MIA has one listed on this site.

Thanks, Marc

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Based on my experience from 20 years of dealing with English & Italian shotguns including Perazzis, there's no difference in value between tapered rib and straight rib on TM1.

Being the least expensive Perazzi model on the used market, TM1 is a great buy. Because of it's age, condition is more important than anything else, Ithaca or Winchester.

Market can be "Created" by people writing articles and constant praising of a subject in a short period of time within certain groups of people. I've seen this method worked on TS.com from time to time.

If someone successfully convinced you that one is worth more than the other, I suggest you take the advantage (while it's still working among who believed) and buy the other one for less. A TM1 is a TM1.

As for our dear friend MIA's guns, I've not seen anything from him that's not worth considerations. If I don't have Perazzis coming out of my ears, I'd buy most of his guns.

3. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

How much? 34" full?

Thanks, Marc

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Yes, 34" Wilkinson signed barrel. No porting. $2475.00

Have a used PFS available with TM grip @$795.00

Both sold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.