1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi TM-1 Info Wanted!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by SEC, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC

SEC TS Member

I have seen several used Perazzi TM-1 trap guns for sale.
    I know that they are an older model and I was wondering of someone from this group could shed a little light as to the age of this model, is it a good gun, etc...
    Also, somewhere in my longterm memory I remember that there was a Perazzi model that was imported by Ithica (or similar....is this that model? If yes, was the gun made by Perazzi??

Thank you all,

Scott

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

The TM-1 is a Perazzi single barrel trap gun with a receiver that can only be a single barrel unlike the MX guns which can be an O/U. The TM-1 was at various times imported by Winchester, Ithaca, and Perazzi U.S.A. The TMX is a TM-1 with a high rib like the DB-81. The TM-10 is a very rare TM gun with an adjustable rib.

3. SEC

SEC TS Member

UP

4. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

All 'Perazzis' are made by Perazzi. There are no 'contract' guns (built by others with the Perazzi name). Before Perazzi had a US distribution network, they simply contracted with Ithica, then Winchester to be the 'middleman' and import (that is, handle the government paperwork) and distribute them. TM-1s, MX-8s, MT-6, were all handles by Ithica. There is no real difference between an TM-1 imported by Ithica and one imported by Perazzi. Ithica handled them from about 1972 to 1978. Winchester from 1979 to 1980 or 81. Perazzi from '82 or so on...

Been out of production since'94 or '95 (???). Simple durable guns. Common parts like locking blocks and firing pins are still available. Start looking for uncommon parts like top levers and forend release buttons, and you're going to have a little trouble. Like anything that's out of production, parts eventually dry up.

Great gun. At at time when cost cutting was king, I guess it was easier to just offer a top single for a MX-3 receiver than it was to offer a completely different gun whos only market was the US.

5. guncase

guncase TS Member

I would have a different opinion about the parts for your TM-1, TMX, of either version of importer. There are lots of part around for them,,, just have to know who to call!! almost any gunsmith has a good supply of the major wear parts.
    There are people who are making parts now to repair these guns, there are so many of them in use that it is profitable to make rotro parts for them.

And as long as you have Giacamo's phone number,, you got no problem!!!! Paul

6. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

also may I add that I have a TM1 and it has " Ithaca " on one side of the Barrel ( at the chamber area ) and Perazzi on the other side.

7. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Damn drhunter, and here I thought I had a REALLY RARE trap gun, a 12 and 20 ga. pump, and a small 20ga. side by side with the word "Ithaca" on them. These other "shooters" said it was Ithica and I figured I was in the money.

Boy, hope someday to know as much as them. JEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZ, give me a break.

AJ100

8. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Yo Yes i am not the best speller either but IthAcA ( Ithaca ) is not ( Ithica ) LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi shotguns trap tm 1

perazzi tmopinions

wanted perazzi tm1 shotgun