1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi TM 1 and TMX Barrel Interchange

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by luvtrapguns, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Hi, Looking for info on barrel interchage between an Ithica TM 1 and a TMX.
    Other than the obvious rib and choke differences will the TMX barrel adapt to the TM 1 receiver and forearm/iron as readily as another TM 1 barrel. I realize barrel would have to be fitted but are there any major differences that prevent this?

I very recently had the good fortune to purchase a 1977 TM 1 in virtually new original condition. I have always favored the higher tapered rib of the TMX and if practical would like to obtain one for this gun.

Can anyone help with info or a barrel?

If you have a barrel please respond by email marcbunk@gmail.com or by PM.

Thanks, Marc

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

The TM1 and the TMX are basically the same gun but refitting the barrel is a job for a good gunsmith; they are not interchangeable and the stock would need a higher comb. I have seen TM1's with a TMX barrel and a poor refit job. It took a friend a long time to sell such a gun and he only asked $1600. I have seen another nice TM1 fitted with a Keensights rib and it was a good job and accomplished the purpose. Sorry, my TMX is not for sale.

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

most TMX bbls are on guns. There was a Hastings F/S about 6 months ago that was a 35" with a mod fixed choke. I think Biff had it.askhim.

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

If you favor the higher rib I have a TMX that I just had rebuilt and reblued that I will sell for $2900. The checkering is kind of smooth where the gun is normally held. Bulge.

5. luvtrapguns

Very recently I bought a TM 1 (vintage 1977) that is in new original condition. Original owner shot one box of shells thru it. Due to marital and later health problems the gun has not been shot since.

I have the gun I want and do not want to alter it. I'm looking only for an extra barrel so that I can play with ribs and chokes. I realize fitting to receiver will be necessary as well as comb mods.

I have been a long time Perazzi nut. I had several TM 1's as well as a Mirage Trap for doubles. The Mirage also turned out to be my favorite singles gun but was too flat shooting for long yardage. I still have an old TM 1 in need of a major overhaul. I also have a couple of stocks to play with. All I really need/want is a barrel. If I can not find an affordable TMX barrel I would consider a TM 1 or TMS barrel and then modify.

Thanks, I appreciate all responses,
    Marc

6. BL350

BL350 TS Member

Dear Mark,
    Finding a TMX barrel or TM-1 barrel (OEM PERAZZI) in good condition is a matter of luck and a lot of patience............YEARS! It took me 4 years to find a TM-1 barrel in good condition. ( Thanks to MIA...Thanks again Jack!!) The french TMX & TM-1 barrels must be inspected before buying, I saw several with forearm mtg. lugs mismounted and bent Barrels) terrible!! I have seen two near new COMPLETE TM-1's that were worth every penny of 3400, but I couldn't afford them at the time they were available (during the past two years). Perazzi will not sell replacement barrels or receivers for the TM-1. or for the new TM9 gun.
    Your best bet for instant gratification is to send your barrel to Moneymaker for one of his NEW adjustable high ribs (TMX height)About $900.00.
    His rib does not change the balance of the gun and passes my quality requirements!
    Good luck searching for a good barrel!!!
    Jet Boat Bill ATA Life member
    Try Dan at Giacomo's once a month, sometimes he stumbles upon good barrels. He can fit one if someone else hasn't carved up or modified the locking lugs.

7. luvtrapguns

Bl350
    Thanks, Marc

8. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

a guy at my club had a tmx barrel put on his old tm1 looks factory except for long pins in his comb he gave 1500 for barrell but doesnt like it likes low rib better

9. luvtrapguns

berettagold53954
    I have never shot a TMX but a lot of targets shot with a TM 1. I have always really liked the appearance of TMX rib. The stock is not a problem for me as my comb drop needs to be approx 1 5/8 inch. With the TMX rib a standard TM 1 stock should be about right for me. Thanks for the info. Marc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

peraezzi tmx barrel

perazzi tm barrels
perazzi tmx stock and mx 8 stock interchangeable

tm 1 barrel

tm9 and tm 1 barrells interchange

will a tmx barrel fit on a tm1