1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi stock?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tracyhunter, Nov 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

The gun i have makes my wrist sore.after a shoot i put ice on it .bad stock fit i know but it's hard to put a $4000.00 stock on a $900.00 gun.I have been looking at some MX15's for sale here on ts.the grip looks longer than most gun stocks.do you think the longer grip would line my hand up with the trigger @ a better angle and stop the wrist problem?

2. bigben

bigben Active Member

Tracy hunter, since you have a 900.00 gun and a sore wrist, why not experiment with building a palm swell with foam, adding some electrician's tape etc, and see if you can't take some of the recoil out of your hand and wrist, no sense in spending 8 to 10 grand and still have the same problem.You may also shoot 2 3/4 dram or 1 oz. shells to see if that helps. The P guns will have approx. a 3 inch area in the wrist, a custom stock modification with your existing gun will tell you what to look for when upgrading into a different gun. incinerate em!

3. Shooter R

Shooter R Active Member

The short answer would probably be: no. It would seem you have some other underlying issues with your wrist.

A person's wrist is really not under a lot of stress while trapshooting. A persons's shoulder is more or less fixed, and under recoil, and it absorbs most of it. A wrist, while attached to the gun, is hinged at the elbow, and is not under the direct effect of the recoil.

If your wrist is not injured / damaged, and your haveing pain in it only while shooting, it's probably not the gun, but maybe the way you are holding it.

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Tracy. Are you a "high elbow" shooter? or relaxed?

5. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

Relaxed.

6. rwtii

rwtii Member

The only thing a trigger hand should be doing is pulling the trigger. It should not be under stress.

7. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Perhaps you need a set back trigger blade.

WW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.