1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi stock wanted....non-dropout trigger

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by kgb, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kgb

kgb Member

Jan 29, 1998
    My MX16 is a field gun and I've decided instead of buying a new set of 12ga barrels I'd just try for a target-style stock. Briley can set my 16's up with 28ga and .410 bore tubes, and I won't have to get a new forearm.

Which of the stocks out there would bolt right up to my MX16 receiver? The gun has a non-dropout trigger and leaf springs. I don't know if the wood is different for leaf vs coil springs, but it seems as long as it's for a non-dropout trigger it should work even if a little wood needs clearanced. I'd like something at least close to matching the forearm of my gun, with a tighter curve to the PG and a palm swell if possible. It may wind up eventually having the comb made into an adjustable unit, if it doesn't already have one, so options are pretty open.

What range of prices should I expect, and is there anything to avoid? I've got a Trap set of wood for my Super-X M1 that I no longer use and an extra Full Trap Choke barrel for same as possible trade.

The leaf changing tool that came with my gun is a little different than what I've seen in other kits, one of the guys at our recent state shoot told me he thought the springs could be swapped without having to remove the trigger group and it looks to be the case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.