1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

?? Perazzi Stock Question ??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ed Y, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'm working on an MX-2L and don't want to remove the glued on pad, if I don't have to. Can someone tell me if the stock has also been lightened by the removal of additional wood or does this stock have just the normal bolt hole?

Ed Yanchok

2. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Not familiar with an MX-2L.

Same size bolt hole on an MX8 that I took off a couple years ago.

3. Ed Y

The L model is lighter than a standard model and before cutting a comb into it I was wondering if, like other gun companies, they had removed wood from the stock to balance it more since they don't have side ribs. Usually you can easily remove the recoil pad to see if the lack of backing will be a problem with the cutting or fastening of the comb hardware. I solved the problem by inserting a fiber optic flexible light and viewer into the stock bolt hole and verified that no wood had been removed and it was a standard round hole, thus I was able to make my cut without first removing the pad and gluing some wood into the void. Cut is done and the hardware has been installed.

Ed Yanchok

4. Ed Y

<a href="http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d110/EdwardYanchok/?action=view&current=MX-2Lcomb1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d110/EdwardYanchok/?action=view&current=MX-2Lcomb2.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Typical installation exept it was done without first mapping it out on the outside of the stock to prevent running into a void.

Ed Yanchok

5. Baber

Baber TS Member

The 'L' stands for Luxe or as in Deluxe. Has nothing to do with the weight. It about the finish. Sometimes upgraded wood or metal finish.

TB

6. vdt

vdt Active Member

Ed what do you charge to do that type of job with your hardware....vdt

7. Andy Ott

Andy Ott Guest

8. Ed Y

I use the Graco hardware, slightly modified, and get 200.00 for the complete job.

Ed Yanchok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi stock hole size

perazzi stock question