1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Stock Question?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hunter44, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Will a butt stock taken off an MX8 fit the receiver of an MX15? I have a chance to purchase an MX8 stock for a project but am not sure it will fit my MX15.

Thanks for any info.

2. drgondog

drgondog Member

To questions - 1st - drop lock trigger? Detachable. he MX8 has a wider lowertang inlet than acoild spring trigger like the MS80, Mt6 etc.

Second question is the drop at the comb for the MX8 flt rib or raised rib.

Last point - I'm not up to sped on an MX15 rib. If it is a flat rib barrel and the MX8 is a raised rib version, the 'old MX8' stock will be hgher than for a flat rib by aout .020..

3. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

It should bolt right on with no problem, Keep in mind the MX15 has a higher rib than an MX8 does. If the MX8 stock has an adjustable comb on it, you're good to go.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

4. SoTo

SoTo Active Member

We partially disagree with Trap 2, sorry. Every Perazzi receiver is different. The stock will most likely bolt up, but you should have it professional fit to avoid problems down the road. We do this for a living and we have seen so many broken Perazzi stocks. If the fit is not good, it will stress the wood and eventually cause fractures and even full on breaks were the stocks fits around the receiver.

5. JT 27

JT 27 Member

Agree with soft touch. There are some minor differences which can end up with a cracked stock.

6. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Soft Touch is correct. I know the stock will bolt right up, however, that being said, if you decide to use that stock all the time it should be fitted properly. I have a pretty nice Wenig stock on my MX3 Special that I bought from a shooter in Arizona. It was exactly what I was looking for so I bedded the receiver to the stock with acra-glass to be sure the fit was perfect.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

7. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

I wouldn't buy it if you don't have unconditional return priveleges. As indicated, the rib on your gun is higher than on an MX 8 and while you can jack up the comb, if it has an adj comb, you may not like the feel/fit of that. I personally do not. You also may not like the cost of properly fitting it to your receiver. You do not say what vintage MX 8 the stock came off. If it is an early one, it may be a sizeable fitting job at great expense or may not be doable at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.