1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi stock question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BigM-Perazzi, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

The ones I've seen have been pretty universal in there fits...

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Certain P stocks have not been relieved for all the different permutations of the top lever return mechanism. Sometimes a stock needs to have enough wood removed just to make room for that mechanism. No big problem.

3. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

JT,

The guys above are correct, however, in addition, it is important to insure there is proper clearance between the wood and metal at the back of the receiver tang on the top (behind the safety),

If there is not clearance there, the stock will chip after repeated firing. It's a pretty common sight.

Good luck,

4. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Pay strict attention to what Don said above. Marc

5. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

If you are going to change stocks, and want to be sure it doesn't chip or crack, spend the $50.00, or so, to have the stock professionaly bedded to your receiver. That way, it's done right. I've seen way too many nice Perazzi stocks crack at the tang, or the rear of the trigger housing because the stock was not bedded properly. Don't ask me how I know this is true.... Dan Thome (Trap2)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.