1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Stock Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JDH, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDH

JDH TS Member

After taking 6 or 7 years off from shooting, I'm jumping back in. Having fun, and after 2 days still nervously waiting for a first 25 straight. (Used to carry a 97 average at singles, and low 90's from 27). ANY WAY -- my question is whether a "new" style adjustable Perazzi stock will fit(and line-up correctly) on an older MX-8 without substantial modification? Has anyone out there done this? Finally, any idea what the cost of a new perazzi butt-stock is? Thanks in advance. JDH

2. twcpdc

twcpdc Member

Just put one on a GA 1 and it seems to work fine for me. But I have a lot to learn. I think you will be happy with it. Tom

3. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

JDH,

The MX series recevier has undergone very little modification, so a newer stock will fit it. The might be some interference so I would have a good gunsmith check it.

There are newer style MX series stock sets on sale on the board here for about $800.

If your forearm iron has 2 long setscrews in the hinge area then you have a Type 4 gun, new forends should fit also, just make sure there is proper clearance around the barrels.

Don

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I have a couple that will work for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.