1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi stock interchangeability questions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SX12, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SX12

SX12 Member

I bought an mx8 stock on this forum thinking it would fit on my mx6. I assumed this would work because I have swapped stocks from an mx3 to an mx8 before. I am now thinking you can go one way, but not the other. Am I right?

Is it possible to have my mx8 stock inletted to fit my mx6? If so, who would you recommend?

thanks,
    SX12

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

If your MX-8 stock is an older one, the top right side has different inlet, you can cut it yourself by comparing it to a newer stock.

See picture of the un-cut & cut:

[​IMG]

One on the left has been cut, one on the right has a line showing where to cut.

Considering the price of Perazzi shotgun, used stocks are relatively inexpensive, you can do it yourself.

3. SX12

SX12 Member

Steve:
    Thanks for your pictures. I should have done a little more investigation rather than just head for the keyboard. Your are right about the notch, but it appears there is also another 3/8 inch slot that must be cut. I should be up to it, I'll get some inletting black and go slow.

I'm not intimidated fitting stocks on bean and weanie guns, but on P guns everything, including mistakes are expensive.

By the way, I live in Iowa.
    SX12

4. drgondog

drgondog Member

FYI - even if you have the correct inletting in a 'new' stock - do not ever just slip it on and tighten it up o your action.

The first thing I do is slip some inletting black on the top and bottom tangs and CAREFULLY tighten the stock while looking at the tang ease into the inletting.

Remove the contact points carefully - repeat until seated with no stress visible in the 9 o'clock to six to 3 o'clock range on the back of the tangs. I also black the connecting 'post' between top and bottom tang to look for contact inside the stock. Then I look at the face of the stock on the last couple of passes on the tang.

I haven't cracked one in twenty years

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

perazzi stock interchangeability