Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perazzi stock eye candy

6K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  atexaspete 
#1 ·
Just completed this one for ME! Stock is made of honey bastogne walnut. It's a good shooter, won the first tournament I shot it in.
Thanks for looking,
Mike

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks for the compliments. When I ran across these blanks (I bought a matched pair of these blanks) I was sure that somebody would want them for a "matched pair" of guns. When that didn't happen within a year, I couldn't stand it any longer. I had to see how these would look after turning. When this one was finished (except for checkering), I decided I had to have it, so I designed a checkering pattern that I liked, fitted it for me and checkered it.

This one is scheduled to appear in the fall/winter edition of Distinction Magazine.

I have a weakness for nice wood. If I could afford it, I'd just keep them all for myself!

Thanks,
Mike
Virginia Beach

#6 ·
I've had a number of PM's concerning who did the checkering on the stock. Rather than sending PM's by the number, I'll just say that I do my own checkering. If I'm really swamped with pending deliveries, I have subbed a couple of checkering jobs out, but prefer to do it myself.
Thanks for the inquiries,
Mike
Virginia Beach

#16 ·
Larry B,

Bill attends several shoots a year (both sporting clays, trap and skeet). They are not generic fit. He makes them to fit your stock, so they won't transfer to "just any stock".

In my case on this gun, I shaped the grip cap area of my stock as I was building it to the shape of the cap that Bill had made for another gun.

Look him up online. He returns emails and will send you a "kit" that you can make a mold of your grip can, return it to him along with instructions of what you want on your cap and he makes it and returns it with instructions how to install.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.