1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Stock Bolt

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lbshootin, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

I have a new (used) buttstock that I need to replace, what size is the stock bolt? I have tried 8mm and 6mm, neither seem to fit..Thanks..LArryB

2. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

6mm - Needs to get through the hole in the spacer/retainer plug. That could be turned some.

3. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

The factory stock bolt takes a 5mm hex key and is a 6mmx1 thread.

Ken Rucker...Speedbump Stockworks

4. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Thanks, now the real problem, seems my MX8 is a series 3 adn the new stock is a series 4, the forearms are way different too...will it be hard to make these work??
    Larry

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

drop out trigger or non?

6. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

This is a drop out trigger early model MX8, the new stock is from a late model MX2000 ..the cutting of the stocks for the reciever are way different. And the forearm are just totally different. I will try to get a picture and post on a different thread..thanks for the iinfo..lb

7. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

If you want to mail the stock to me I will supply a new bolt (fabri) and ship back for $12 plus actual shipping costs.

I can modify a new style forend but it is a lot of work and there will have to be a piece of wood inleted in to the bottom where the latch goes and then recut for the old latch. I usually install a contrasting Diamond of wood and then it has to be refinished. Cost about $200

Joe

8. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

If you want to mail the stock to me I will supply a new bolt (fabri) and ship back for $12 plus actual shipping costs.

I can modify a new style forend but it is a lot of work and there will have to be a piece of wood inleted in to the bottom where the latch goes and then recut for the old latch. I usually install a contrasting Diamond of wood and then it has to be refinished. Cost about $200

Joe

9. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Admission of Stupidity....I just opened the safe and took a real hard look at this gun. I just bought it, and have only shot it a couple of times, it is a 29.5 O/U and a 34 unsingle. Non M/C stock. Simmons ribs on both barrels, (they also reblued the gun). And low and behold a NON_DETACHABLE trigger group..Serial Nbr 38628..Ported barrels (O/U and Single)...I shoot a Beretta 682 Gold E normally, and was trying to get into a P-Gun, just don't know enough about them..This gun slaps my face when I shoot it, and this is the reason I was going for a new stock without going to a custom one.

10. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

E-mail me. I might be able to help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.