1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Stock Bolt Retainer Guide Removal

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by brucestorey, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brucestorey

brucestorey Member

I have never before needed to remove the stock bolt from the stock of my MX3 Special, so I have never really thought about what holds the bolt in the stock, keeping it from dropping out -- I have just noticed that there must be something in there that keeps it from coming out.

Looking at the parts diagram, it appears that the retainer guide is what holds it in there. I need to get it out so I can replace my stock bolt.

How do I get it out? Common sense tells me to tap the bolt towards the butt, but I don't want to risk damaging anything.

Thank you,

Bruce

2. brucestorey

brucestorey Member

Anybody? Please??

Bruce

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

The trick is to keep it squared when backing out, if it tilts, it'll bite into the wood.

I use a 3/4" or 7/8" guide rod against it from the back while tap it from the front.

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Steve is correct.

I use a wooden dowel inserted in the rear of the stock heldsnug up against the aluminum retainer. Then, with the stock in a protective vice, I tap the stock bolt towards the rear (dowel end) using a drift punch. Actually, I use a steel rod that I machined the end concave some to keep the rod on and over the end of the stock bolt, in an effort to NOT let it slide off for fear of cracking the wood.

Whiz

5. high 2

high 2 Member

Drill it out. It`s the only way I`ve found without risking busting a stock. Larry

6. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

I use a cut off piece of shotgun cleaning rod to knock the bolt backwards. Just the right size. I have done lots of these things and have never seen a stock damaged in any way by this method. A socket that fits in the cup of the retainer on a long extension works fine to install the thing.

YMMV of course

Charlie

7. brucestorey

brucestorey Member

Why is it there? Why is it necessary?

I used a piece of 3/4" copper tube as a guide to get it out. Thanks for the tips.

Bruce

8. andybull

andybull Active Member

The reason for the washer is to center the installation tool to the allen head of the bolt, specially when the tool is inserted through the recoil pad.

9. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

It not only guides the stock removal tool into position, but also prevents the stock bolt from coming out of the stock.

WW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
perazzi removal tool

perazzi stock bolt

perazzi stock bolt removal
perazzi stock guide

perazzi stock removal

perazzi stock removal tool
removal of bolt retainer
removing a perizzi shotgun stock