1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Stock Bolt Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by phillyb169, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phillyb169

phillyb169 TS Member

Hi, just got a new stock delivered for my MX-8 and found it did not come with a stock bolt.I'm figuring the bolts are pressed in. First are all perazzi stock bolts the same size and if so What is the easiest way to remove the one from my old stock? Thanks, Phill

2. drgondog

drgondog Member

There is a small (Size of the hole reamed from butt) hemispherical fitting that has a hole in it for your stock wrench. You can order one from Giacomo or Lucio and other Gunsmiths on this forum like the Whiz.

I have seen two sizes so tell them the diameter of the hole.

As to 'punching an existing fitting out - I haven't done so, bu getting the stock vertically in a vise and tapping the bolt to push the fitting toward the butt might work.. wouldn't do it because simply buying a fitting is perhaps $15 including shipping IIRC.

Bill

3. drgondog

drgondog Member

Amen to Jim White

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

There're two different length, check with Whiz, he has both.

5. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Guy, first thanks for the kind remarks, but secondly and honestly, I have to express my ignorance to the "two sizes" mentioned above. I can make a bolt in any length, but the two sizes that come to mind are the two sizes of stock bolt hole diameters. In inches, these are either 3/4" or 7/8" in close American threads. The newer guns have the smaller diameter.

Now, how do you get one out? Well, carefully! You drive it out from front-to-rear with a punch (recoil pad is remove, of course)... and you need to be careful so your drift punch does not slip off and crack the stock. You need to DRIVE it out because there is a retainer that keeps it IN the stock, and also aids in centering the stock bolt screwdriver when inserted in through the pad.

Perazzi no longer makes replacement retainers, but I do.

Be careful and call if you need more assistance.

The above comment regarding quick shipping: if I have it in stock, I really try to ship the same day. If I get an order by noon MDT, it normally goes out wthin hours, and I usually get 2-3 day shipping anywhere in the US using standard First Class mail, not Priority Mail either.

This week was an exception as we had 28+ inches of snow and even the post office was not delivering until today. It'll all be melted and gone by Sunday. That's what I love about living in the Black Hills. I brag that if you can order it by Saturday noon, my time, you can have it anywhere in the US by Monday. There are some exceptions such as folks living in very remote areas.

It is not uncommon to get a call on Monday from a customer in FL, TX, MA, PA, CA, etc. saying I could not have driven it to them faster. I like getting things fast myself, so I know most of your guys do too.

As my great customer, Don Weeks in Dallas says, "Fast payment and fast shipment makes for making friends, fast!" I have always loved "Texan Wisdom".

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.