1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi spring maintenance

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wlc, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wlc

wlc Member

How often should springs be replaced in a Perazzi MX receiver. My top lever feels like it still has good spring pressure but I don't have a new one to compare it with.

Thanks

2. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

You replace it when it breaks, I have been shooting a MX-8 since 1991 I use it for all doubles and I shot many 1,000's of singles with it, never broke a spring yet. I have a MX-2000 that has around 30-40 thousand on it and I broke a spring just before Xmas when I opened the gun to transport it to the gun rack I heard an unfamiliar sound, it was the spring cracking. This is the 1st. spring I ever broke.

3. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Top lever springs don't break but they do weaken. When they do, they should be replaced to prevent wear where the locking bolt interlocks with the monoblock. Keeping a "fresh" spring in there keeps the locking bolt in tight and prevents excessive wear. Once they get weak, you may see the top lever spring back and forth during each shot.

Ed Yanchok

4. wlc

wlc Member

Thanks Ed.

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

What Ed said.. plus.. while you are there.. soak the receiver in mineral sprits and clean out the insides good.. It will prolong the life of the receiver..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.