1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi Sporting Gun fitted with Trap bbl ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GamesGuy, Jul 31, 2013.

1. GamesGuy

GamesGuy Member

alittle help please. I currently own an MX-2000 sporting gun. I have a custom fitted stock (Montana Long Guns). I am considering buying a Top Single MX-8 Trap bbl and having it fitted to this gun. I was told by a reputable bbl fitter that they would advise against this action unless my sporting gun had an adjustable comb (which I do not). They said the bbl will fit well enough but that you will not get the correct sight picture and gun will not shoot correctly. My O/U bbls are fixed IC/M and looking for something abit tighter to shoot trap/games. Any wisdom would be appreciated .... Thanks

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

If you have a flat ribbed gun now, and want to add a step ribbed barrel, you need to raise the comb up the same height as the rib if you want to see the same sight picture now. Depending on what you're seeing now, adding a higher ribbed barrel may leave you seeing nothing but the step in the rib, no beads, no target.

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Since you already have a fitted stock, instead of dealing with a different rib/barrel/POI, another solution is install choke tubes in your barrel.

It might work, or at least it'll make your gun more flexible.

4. GamesGuy

GamesGuy Member

Skeet Man....

i should have mentioned ... the Trap bbl I am considering is a flat rib...no step, no ramp. So does that mean same / same? That's what I am after I think !?!