1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi SOFT TOP question.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JACK, Nov 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I note that Devon Harris had a Perazzi soft top on his Perazzi unsingle. Adn I am putting together a MX15 to shoot this winter to see if I can adjust to the gun. Fortuantely I was able to buy a cast off Perazzi stock that is mucho similar in feel to my MX3 cast off stock. But for those of you that use a regular Perazzi soft top, how do yo like it? I do not get bumped in the cheek, an I do not "grind-in" either. Just a note or two form a user would be fine. Devon is my trapshooting hero (or one of them at least)

mia_2008_0303104.jpg

mia_2008_0303105.jpg

I will have a very attractive MX15 when complete. A base 18.7 .033 bbl that shoots strate (thanks golani), a newly refurbed reciever that will get new springs and a tune-up from Doug Braker after it comes back from being nickeled, an as new Allem release in a P4 that I bought off the forum 6 months ago, and a wonderful cast off Perazzi stock I jut got from Gabe (gll)off the forum. Having Doug Braker reblue all the rest. She will be a beauty Ollie. I will get pics up when I get it back. Prob will be shooting it come December. If the gun is not tuned to my mentality come April, it will go down the road. Stay tuned as they say.

2. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Jack, for what it's worth, Doug, of Gray's Guns, let me try one on my MX-14L at the MO Fall Handicap and I couldn't see enough difference to justify putting one on.

If you aren't getting bumbed and don't get into your gun that hard, I'd spend the 450.00 on something else. JMO. Steve

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Why not have one of the stock smiths build a new soft comb. $160? Cheaper than the P-comb. If you don't like you can always sell it.

Tron built one for me.

4. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

TRAP DUDE in California also makes these but with a "different" material. Call them or look at their web site---Dennis

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Dennis and John. I got an aftermarket made by Pat Laib. Nice unit. I will shoot tht this winter. Thanks a lot.

Thanks Harold..

Jack

6. washandwear

washandwear Member

MIA

Have one and like it. You are welcome to try it when you get your gun ready to shoot. Just let me know.

Regards

W&W

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.