1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Perazzi single barrel modification question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by samthompson, Aug 12, 2013.

1. samthompson

samthompson Member

I have a Perazzi MX3 34" top single barrel which has not been modified from its original form. I have been talking with some shooters at my gun club and there appears to be two theories of thought;

(1) Perazzi barrels come from the factory choked extremely tight so a shooter can open it up to their liking.

(2) Perazzi barrels have many hours/$ of research behind them in the form of IR&D and as such leave the factory just as they should be and therefore should not be changed.

What do you think???

2. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

I would have thought my brand new tm 9 x would have a better pattern than 71percent , but did not . Took it Jim Eyster and now it is 92 to 94 percent in the same 30 inch circle , absolutely wears targets out when I do what I am supposed to do .

3. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that a Perazzi can be ordered with any choke constriction you choose. So you might have inherited a gun that shoots a pattern that was better suited to the former owner...either more open or tighter. That could be justification to have your barrel worked on by a top barrel smith.

4. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Shoot patterns with the shells you shoot see if you like the pattern. Have a top barrel smith check it and see what he thinks. The barrels are mass produced so vary and the shells you shoot make a difference the pattern could be improved but how much is the key then the decision is made weather it is worth it or not. I have custom barrels and factory barrels your pattern is the decision maker if poor get it worked on if not just shoot it as is.